Monday, January 11, 2010

Beneigt

My youngest and I were looking for squirrels again this afternoon. We walked, we stood silently and listened, and we walked some more. Not only did we not see any squirrels, but we did not see ANYTHING. It was as if all the little critters in the woods had sent out a warning call...they remembered us from yesterday!

As our fingers turned red from the cold we finally heard some shuffling in the leaves. We stood very still and I readied my camera, trying to focus on the distant spot that I estimated the sound was coming from. Any idea how hard it is for a 5 year old to stand still??

About the time I looked through my zoom lens and saw this image, my youngest yelled, "Mama, it's just Beneigt!!!"


Beneigt has a smug almost scary look on his face like he's responsible for the absence of animals in our backyard woods!! As a matter of fact, the slant of his yellow eyes kinda gives me the creeps now that I think about it, even though in real life he's about as unscary as a cat can be!

1 comment:

  1. Patti,
    I just spent some time reading your blog, and I have really enjoyed it. I look forward to more recipes. I may need to put that stock pot you have on my wish list. Do you have a good non stick skillet? The coating on mine is coming off is one spot....I have had it for 5 years.

    The rocking/teenager post brought tears to my eyes. Wow! Time sure puts everything into perspective. I do not want my children to grow up. I want to keep on rocking them!

    I look forward to keeping up with you (and seeing your awesome photography) by reading your blog.

    Roan

    ReplyDelete