Saturday, April 24, 2010

Golf Anyone?

My middle child is a golfer.
She takes after her dad.

I went golfing once.
Back in the day when the Head of My Household and I were very young.
So young that he would actually take me out to the golf course with him.

I thought it was fun at first.
And then he started hurrying me along before I had a chance to hit the ball enough times to actually get it to the hole.
I looked around and noticed that we were backing things up...
er, ahem...I was backing things up.
It was taking me so many strokes to get to the hole that the other golfers were finishing their holes and beginning to form a line waiting for us to move on.
We were playing at the Country Club where my husband grew up playing.
Lots of men.
Friends of his dad.
You get the picture.

The Head of My Household was EMBARRASSED!

OF ME!

When we got to the car, I told him that I really liked golf and wanted to learn to play better.
My young married romantic self wanted to be able to do something my little husband enjoyed so we could spend more time together.

YECH!
Sappy!

The Head of My Household said that he would take me golfing again when I could actually hit the ball 50% of the time.

He has never been the romantic type.
And, I've never been the golfing type.

But, my middle child...
She can whack a golf ball like you've never seen!
She can also look pretty sassy while she's golfing!
Gotta keep things in perspective, you know.



Here's the backside of her famous swing.
Notice that form.
Notice those legs.
Her daddy taught her how to do that.


She has to lug her own bag though.
I don't think she likes that part.
I wouldn't either.
I always enjoyed riding in the covered golf cart.
My father-in-law used to let me ride with him.
At least he wasn't embarrassed.



Here's more of that stance her daddy taught her.



Her mommy taught her about sunglasses and earrings :)



At one point in the tournament my middle child found herself "in the rough."
Notice she decided to switch from her sassy white sunglasses to her real glasses.
Guess she decided it was more imporant to actually see
rather than just look cool.

She recovered though.
And made it to the hold a lot faster than her mommy would have.



That's my girl!






2 comments:

  1. I think it’s wonderful that you can enjoy the sport as a family. Your girl’s got a great swing stance! I wonder if there’s a “golfing gene” and, if it does exist, if your daughter has inherited it from her father! Haha! I admire your determination to have a better grasp of the sport. It’s a great way to connect with your family and their love of golf. Just keep on swinging. You’ll get there soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that you still remember your golf experiences, Peppermint. :) I wouldn't be surprised to know if your daughter's good at golf. Her father must be so proud of his middle child. You know what they say, like father like daughter. :P You should play with her again. It would be a milestone to cherish.

    ReplyDelete