Friday, May 14, 2010

Five Question Friday

No, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth...I had every intention of blogging about my trip to Boston this week with kids from our college's Student Government Association...but we all know what good intentions lead to.  I took scads of pictures and have lots of things to ponder...starting tomorrow.  We had graduation today, so I am truly free for a while.  I still have a couple of reports to write and plans to make...but I'm going to let my brain rest for a couple days at least.

I started Mama M's "Five Question Friday" a few weeks ago and then got sidetracked, so I'm going to try and get back on track today.





1. Take your pick...date night, girls night out, or night out alone?

This is a toughie for me...because I enjoy each of these nights depending on the circumstances.  Each can also be a disaster, depending on the circumstances. 
Date night is incredible if all the stars are aligned, my children are taken care of and happy, and we can truly relax.  I married my husband for a reason; I do actually like to be around him. 

Girls night out is cool as long as the right girls are involved...nothing is worse than a night out with the girls if there's even one person in the group that is obnoxious.  But, a night out with a couple of BFF's that truly enjoy each other's company is priceless.  We've also had some great girl nights staying in...a Southern Living party or something similar to start the night and then margaritas and movies.

A night out alone would probably be my least favorite...I'd rather have an afternoon or even a day alone...I can't shop for myself when my kids are with me...it just flusters me too much...

2. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?

Nope...I wasn't sure about this so I gave it a try...not even close. 

3. What is your favorite flower and why?

Gardenias...I carried a bouquet of gardenias in my wedding...I've had gardenias at each of the homes we've lived in...I know summer is truly here when I can walk outside and smell that lemony smell that wafts through the air.

4. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give yourself?

To be myself.  And not worry what others think.  My forties so far have been liberating in this way...I do what I want...I'm not afraid to speak up for myself or what I believe.  If only I had been able to do that in my teens and 20's...I'm watching my daughters right now go through one of the hardest times in their lives...where they are struggling to figure out who they are and where they fit.  If only I could convince them to roll with the punches and be who they are, not what they think they should be. 

5. If you won the lottery, what is the very first thing you would do?

Easy!! Buy a big old country farmhouse in New England and a beachhouse with a pool right on the ocean in Destin.  I would have animals out the wazoo, horses, goats, chickens, cats and dogs and a garden to die for.  I'd have a caretaker and other help at my farmhouse to take care of things while I was at the beach during the summer :)  Of course I would pay all my bills and my family members' bills first...so we could all relax together.

4 comments:

  1. Love all your answers,so fun!!! I love your blog, too cute! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm . . . gardenias have a wonderful scent. They don't grow here unfortunately but I love them.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today and commenting on the lying issue. it's nice to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun blog carnival! I am going to try to remember to participate next Friday!
    Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it! I love reading long(ish) answers...and I loved your advice to yourself!

    The big ol' farmhouse sounds divine!!!

    Glad you are back on track! ;)

    ReplyDelete