Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Bountiful Harvest




What about the cucumbers and peppers?

Please take note of the eggplant sized cucumbers that hid themselves under the massive heap of cucumber leaves.
Oy!



I also picked peaches today from my dad's trees when I made another marathon trip to my alma mater...this time to pick up my firstborn from soccer camp.
This was my haul:



Jam anyone?  Peach cobbler? Peach Salsa? Peach Ice Cream?




With all the money I've been saving with couponing, I splurged and bought myself this little happy today....
because I will have to have a panic attack if any of this beautiful food goes to waste.
Tomorrow should be an interesting day ;)


It's official.
I've become Ma Ingalls :)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you ARE well on your way to being Ma Ingalls....but you still need to get a flock of chickens and cook in a boarding house.lol

    What a nice garden haul tho! We are just beginning to harvest some items here in PA.

    I thought those were zucchini, not cukes...holey moley! If small pets and children start disappearing in your neighborhood you should suspect the cukes first...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Your garden has given you so much goodness to enjoy! It all looks so good. I hope your canning goes well. We are planning to pick peaches here tomorrow. Peach Salsa... an absolute must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO jealous of your garden haul! I just spent a week in Arkansas with my parents who have a HUGE garden every year. I helped my mom can peas and I ate all the fresh tomatoes I could stuff down my throat. I absolutely LOVE a fresh tomato. I can't wait to have my own garden one day.
    Please share your canning experiences. I'm rusty on the whole thing because it's been years. I was thrilled to be able to do it with my mom.

    ReplyDelete