Friday, October 29, 2010

Blog Hop #3 - Friday, Oct. 29


I'm ready for another hoppin' happenin' weekend!!!

A special thanks to Jennifer at Crazy for Books who hosts this fabulous meme each Friday :)

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! 



This week's question:
"What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"



There are so many bookish things that I would like to have...but the one thing that I think would make me the happiest is a bottomless account for buying books.  My books make me happy...I have them all over my house (built in shelves in many rooms), my office is floor to ceiling books on 2 sides, and my classroom has a wall of books that I share with my students.  When I was in graduate school, I loved to just find a spot in the library...surrounded by books. It was there that I felt most content and peaceful.  I don't think I would be happy with just one room in my house devoted to my books...I want them everywhere :):)



Books in the living room...














Books EVERYWHERE :)



Come on over to Crazy for Books and HOP with me!!!!



16 comments:

  1. Great images - I agree having a bottomless account to buy books would be a real luxury - as well as the time to read them all!

    I'd love to go to England on a Jane Austen tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that was your house, I'm going to have to officially hate you. : )

    I too would like a bottomless account to buy books ... and then a dedicated library with one of those cool rolling ladder things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Jane Austen tour sounds INCREDIBLE!!

    Jenners, if that was my house, I'd never go outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hopping by to say, hi.
    Bookend Diaries
    http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun question! I would want a library room in my home...tall ceilings with those rolling ladders to get to all the books! Lots of over-stuffed, comfy furniture and a fireplace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I love that picture of the bedroom full of books. I'm adding that to my wish list!
    On a more random note, I love the cat picture in your header.

    - Emily @ Reading While Female

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by on the Hop. I like the idea of an entire house with book shelves. Even the bathroom, yaaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's looks like the absolute COZIEST bedroom to lay around and read in. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the bathroom one. LOL I love to relax and read in the tub. Thanks for stopping by. I agree also with the limitless card thing. I definitely wouldn't mind that seeing as how I'm always spending money on books whe I shouldn't. Have a grat weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following that darn mechnical bunny around. His gears and cogs are wound tight.

    I would want a library at my finger tips, wait I have a Nook. I would want a million books to be loaded on it now :)

    I do not have a post for this week's hop but I do have a most wonderful new review posted. Stop by and see what I had to say about Stardust.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that bathroom! Oh I could totally relax in that bath, with those lovely books to gaze upon! :)

    That crazy pile of books in the cozy reading room looks awfully familiar...!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pictures! Yum!

    Thanks for visiting Rose City Reader so that I could find your wonderful blog. I signed up as a follower here and on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love those pictures you have posted...if that was my house I'd never leave either! I've never thought of having books in the bathroom before but whoever designed that had a wonderful idea!

    I definitely wouldn't mind a bottomless book bank account either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!" I love all the pictures and I think a bottomless book buying account would be a dream come true!
    Have a fangtastic Halloween!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures! I especially like that bath room. I can be found reading in the bath every now and then. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete