Monday, October 11, 2010

From Schizophrenic to Eclectic...

After 9 months of blogging, I'm having an identity crisis...

While my original reasons for blogging haven't changed, I have been wondering lately exactly where my blog fits into the blogging world. There are coupon/saving blogs, book blogs, educational blogs, parenting blogs, photography blogs, cooking blogs, etc. etc.

But, what kind of blogger are you if you blog about all of those things and more??
Am I an eclectic blogger or a Schizophrenic blogger?
Don't answer that!
Yikes!

I usually have 5-6 blog posts that I'm working on at one time.
And, at 42 years old, I've learned to read more than one book at a time!
I still have to separate them into listening, longer readalongs and the fast reads but I'm doing it!!
Yay me!!!

I'm a writing teacher so I need to do the whole first draft, think about a little while, come back to it, add a little more, delete some here or there, say something a little differently thing a few times before I actually click the submit button.
I've been working on my first Magazine Monday post almost a month. It just has to feel right before I can post...I really can't explain it, just my own personal weirdness, I guess.
And I wonder where my oldest daughter gets her OCD from?

In order to help myself structure a little more, I'm going to try and set aside a couple of days a week for very specific blog postings.
I don't have many followers and that's ok, but if anyone decides to join in with me or knows of another blog that is doing any of the same posts as me, please let me know so I can join in there :)

My first special weekly posting is going to start on Mondays...Magazine Mondays!
I'm a magazine freak. Love em' love em' can't get enough of em' magazine freak.
The photo below shows one month's worth of magazines.
See, I told you I was a magazine freak!


I justify my subscriptions by sharing them with my students at school when I'm done...
Posting about them here on Mondays will be just another justification :)
As far as I know, I'm the only one out there posting on magazines, but I'd love to hear from others who might be interested in joining in with me and creating a new meme.

On Tuesdays I'm going to join in with other book bloggers for Teaser Tuesday...I can think of no better, fun activity than teasing other readers with random lines from the books I'm reading.


On Wednesdays I'm also going to join other bloggers in Wordless Wednesdays...one photo...no comments...no explanation...I promise I'm gonna be wordless...I promise.
I know you don't believe me.
I promise.

Thursday is mine and the youngest's library day...I started posting Thursdays at the library one week behind our trips so I wouldn't feel pressured...I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed these library trips with my baby...she LOVES the library!!! If we miss a Thursday, she even asks me about it!!
Joy to my heart!! and Priceless memories in the making!!

I hesitate to join in on the book blogger hops hosted by Crazy for Books on Fridays because it doesn't take much for me to find another blog to read and/or another 16 books to put on my Amazon wishlist, but I'm gonna bite the bullet a time or two and see what happens :)


I love to cook.
Haven't done much of it lately due to our obnoxious schedule, but from time to time I have to take back my life.
I'm doing it again today.
I'll be joining in with some other book blogger buds on Saturdays for Weekend Cooking hosted by Beth Fish Reads.


I'm leaving Sundays open...for planning, for reading other blogs, for whatever else my little self wants to do...I might try to do some kind of weekly planning thing...I used to do Menu Monday, but by Monday, if I don't have the menu planned, it ain't gonna happen.
I like a Sunday afternoon nap too so I'm not sure if I can work in any planning ;)
We'll see...

I'm not setting any of this in stone...if I decide to post on something else on any of these days, I will.
But, this structure will help me stay a little more organized...and not skip 5 days of blogging and feel guilty :(

There are no specific days set aside for reviewing books because those will just happen as I finish my reads...I'm so loving reading and writing about books...I love my books!!

:)

6 comments:

  1. The Friday Blog Hop is crazy! But I love it because I always find at least one new blog to start following (which is not always a good thing, I have so many to keep up with)! Setting up a structure to the week is good -- I must try and follow that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have a great plan for your blog. I often wonder where mine fits as well and even why I continue to blog, but then I remember it was to be an outlet for me as a SAHM. I continue to write whether anyone reads or not. I am looking forward to what you do with magazine Monday. Magazines fill my baskets as well.

    Hope you have a great week!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a GREAT plan! You can incorporate all aspects of blogging (books, cooking, photography, etc) throughout the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti,
    See, I had no idea about the Friday book blogger hop, so thank you for introducing me to it. Can't wait to jump on this Friday! I know exactly how you feel tho; so many ideas, so little time. I usually have 2 or 3 blog ideas rolling around in my head, but once I get home from work at 7:00, saw a few words to my husband, feed all my animals, I am completely wiped out and I am OCD as well about my writing. I know it doesn't have to be great literature, but I usually edit it about a dozen times before I hit the "submit post" button. I'm lucky if I post twice a week because of time constraints, but God bless the people who have the time to do it every day. I really enjoy what I've read from you so far, so just get to it when you can and I'll be happy. When it starts to becomes a chore, it's not worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You are super organized. Half the time I don't know what I'm blogging about until I sit down to write it! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great plan. Love that you'll be sharing your foodie thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete