Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays! Darkly Dreaming Dexter



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!

From Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsey, 2004, Vintage



"The runaways?" we asked.
"Oh Jesus. Oh God. Oh Jesus," he said weakly.
"I don't think so," we said. "I think we may have left them behind."
"Please," he said. "Oh please..."
"Tell me about the runaways," we said.
"Okay," he breathed.
"You took those girls."
"Yes..."
"How many?"
He breathed for a moment.  His eyes were closed and I thought I might have lost him a little early.  He finally opened his eyes and looked at me. "Five," he said at last. "Five little beauties. I'm not sorry."
"Of course you're not," we said.  I placed a hand on his arm.  It was a beautiful moment.  "And now, I'm not sorry either."


more than two sentences, I know...are you spooked or what????
SHIVERS!
;)
What are you reading????




No comments:

Post a Comment