Top Ten Tuesday is my very favorite meme and was created and is hosted by the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish each Tuesday. This week's list is:
Top Ten Bookish/Blogging Resolutions
1. Post every single day...even if it's just a photograph - I do better if I'm in a routine, and once I skip a
day, it's easier to skip another.
2. Download books to my ipod and do some kind of exercise while listening. So far, I've only listened to
audiobooks in my car; I'm not sure why it never occurred to me to listen to books while walking, etc. I
have to find my ipod first though :p Maybe I'll also wait until it warms up outside some ;)
3. Set aside time for personal reading every. single. day. PERIOD.
4. Read magazines the day they come in the mail! I'm a magazine maniac, and if I let them pile up on
me, I quickly begin to feel overwhelmed and I feel as if I'm wasting money. No, the answer to this
problem is NOT to quit subscribing ;)
5. Reorganize Mondays. Mondays give me problems for some reasons, but the organizing wannabe in
me sees Mondays as a fresh start each week. Saying that my blog is "eclectic" is a nice way to say, "She
sure does talk about a lot of stuff!" I don't always stick to my plans, but the plan does give me a
boost...for example, if I commit to Magazine Monday, then I'm more likely to read my magazines; if I
commit to Menu Monday, I'm more likely to plan a menu, etc. I also want to continue with my library
postings and coupon postings. BUT, I don't want to do any of these posts on a weekly basis. So, I
think Mondays will become Management Monday, and I will take turns with Menus, Library, Magazines
and Coupons. There, I feel better already :)
6. Dedicate myself even more to memes I LOVE: Top Ten Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Snapshot
Saturday, Weekend Cooking, and Sunday Salon.
7. Commit to at least one book review per week on Thursdays. If I review one book per week, that
would mean by the end of the year I will have read and reviewed at least 52 books. I've never kept up
with how many books I've read over the course of a year, but I'm officially keeping track in 2011.
8. Alternate Hopping on Fridays - There are several hops out there that I've wanted to participate in, but
I don't want to post multiple hops in one post...that distracts me...that sentence alone distracts and
confuses me. So I'm going to start hopping around hops :) The ones I have my eyes on right now
are (Follow Friday at Parajunkee's View, The Book Blogger Hop at Crazy for Books and Follow
Friday at Never Growing Old). I will also longingly continue to read the Literary Blog Hop at The Blue
Bookcase *heavy sigh*...maybe one day when I'm grown up I'll be able to participate in this one ;)
9. Give myself permission to quit reading something I'm not enjoying...again. This is really really
really hard for me. I should have let go of the audiobook I'm listening to now a long time ago. That anal
feeling that I should finish what I start has not only reached the point of aggravation, but I have also not
been able to enjoy anything else on audiobook :( My youngest and I are going to the library
tomorrow...my goal is to pay our fine (yeesh) and replace the dragging audiobook in my car. Period.
10. Pace ARC's and do not request anymore until I've read and reviewed the ones I already have. I wrote
about the ARC snowball effect on a previous post, and I'm happy to say that I put a stop to it after 3
arrived back to back. I don't blog for the ARC's.
Till next week, list makers!!