Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme created by the ladies at The Broke and The Bookish.
Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2011
1. All the books Santa brought me! Can you believe I received every. single. book on my list!!
I guess I'm not as mysterious as I think I am!! A Top Ten Tuesday list posted on your blog that your mother reads is helpful as well ;)
4. The Book Thief - can't wait to read this one...received it from a Secret Santa after wanting it for a long long time...Death as the narrator...Bring it.
5. Wicked - saw the Broadway show and can sing you every single song on the soundtrack...but never read the book. The time is now.
6. New Releases Dead Reckoning - Sookie Stackhouse #11 (May 3, 2011) and Hit List - Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #20 (June 7, 2011). FYI on May 3 and June 7 I am unavailable. ;)
8. Jane Eyre - My firstborn is driving me crazy about this one...I even bought the cool Dame Darcy version...just haven't opened it yet.
9. My Alison Weir collection - I've always been interested in the British monarchy, especially the Tudors...I started watching the Showtime series a couple of years ago and went nuts buying all the books I could find about them...The Lady in the Tower, Six Wives of Henry VIII, The Lady Elizabeth, The Children of Henry VIII, etc.
Book reading for me is like an all-you-can-eat buffet...I end up with more on my plate than I could possibly eat in one meal :)
10. Classics on my kids' shelves that I somehow missed in high school - Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Lord of the Flies, Brave New World, and Rebecca. I like to read what they're reading when they read it...but as you can see, I've gotten behind.
Sorry to be a cheater this week and list multiple books for each number ;)