Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - March 25


The Book Bloggger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books and is a fun way to explore all the other book blogs out there.

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!


This week's question:

"If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"


My Answer:

This question was a no-brainer for me.  You don't know peace and tranquility until you've read Jan Karon's Mitford series.  Father Tim and the people of Mitford deal with everyday life and even chaotic events with realism, hope and honesty.  I LOVE this series.  As a matter of fact, this week's question/answer has made me think it might be time for a re-read :)
Please hoppers, follow Jennifer's guidelines.  She works so hard each week to provide a space for us to visit each other.  It seems from her note this week that a few folks are using the hop to advertise rather than visit.  For heaven sake, people.  Advertising is fine if that's what you want to do...but do it in the appropriate hop...sheesh.

THANK YOU, JENNIFER FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO ONE OF THE FUNNEST HOPS IN THE BLOGGING WORLD!!



9 comments:

  1. This comment is not related to this post but I had a question. What classics would you recommend to 13 year olds who read well above their reading level? One of my girls is going to start with To Kill a Mockingbird and has already read Tom Sawyer. She tried Pride and Prejudice a year and a half ago but was not ready. The other twin has read The Diary of Anne Frank. They want to spend the summer reading more challenging classics instead of their usual YA books because they will have more time to devote to reading and will be able to slow down some. I was just wondering what you thought would be some good classics. They have both read Shakespeare in class and out and have recited poetry since 6th grade. Their language arts teacher is very old school and believes children need to be exposed to all kinds of poetry and language. She has them perform a few scenes from a Shakespeare play every May after testing so that they get used to reading and speaking the language. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! Wouldn't Mitford be fun? I did make Esther's Orange Marmalade cake once. I'm sure it wasn't as good as if she had made it herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, not knowing what your daughter has and has not read since she's obviously an avid reader, here's a list just off the top of my head: Oliver Twist/Charles Dickens, Little Women/Louisa May Alcott, Huckleberry Finn/Mark Twain, Anne of Green Gables/Montgomery
    The Hobbit/Tolkien, Treasure Island/Stevenson, White Fang/London, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn/Smith, Catcher in the Rye/Salinger...

    I can go on and on if you want me to ;) Email me at epkwrsmith@comcast.net if you want to talk about it more...I'll be happy for you to give me some more feedback on the titles I listed above and go in a different direction if you need me to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindee, I've got to try it...I have the Mitford cookbook; do you?? It just warms my heart to think of Mitford...heavy sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That series sounds like something I would like.

    Hope everyone has a fun hope.

    My answer has three choices - stop by if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's a great series to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that I read happy enough books for this question. I had a hard time.

    Here is my hop: http://hawthornescarlet.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-blogger-hop-escaping-into-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hopping by my blog! Tranquility definitely sounds nice - I could use that, especially during Hell Week at school. Still, I'm not sure if I would want that or the magical candy from Harry Potter :P

    Izzy @ My Words Ate Me
    mywordsateme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Mitford books - once described them to a friend as "Little House on the Prairie for grownups."

    ReplyDelete