Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop



The Book Blog Hop is hosted each week by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.


In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!

This week's question:

"If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"

My answer:

I have a TBR list that is so long sometimes I forget what's on there :/  The only problem I ever have when I go to a bookstore is self-control...which book(s) do I want the most right now?  I love to browse the sale tables and shelves to get more bang for my buck...I don't care to read small paperbacks so if I can get a hardback or oversized paperback for less than the price of a paperback or Kindlebook, I'm thrilled.

After browsing my amazon wishlist, these are the books I would buy with my $80 :)
The first two are newer books that I probably won't be able to wait on...but the rest of them are books I've had on my TBR list way too long.












Committed (8.79)









Fingersmith (10.88)





I'm an English teacher, not a math teacher, so, of course, I lost track of my money...I think I've gone over my limit by about $4...
story of my life ;)


TIME TO HOP AROUND!!

7 comments:

  1. Just hopping by...fabulous choices! I agree...I will nowadays mostly buy the bigger paperbacks or e-books, unless I find the hardcovers on sale.

    I got Major Pettigrew's Last Stand on the bargain table at B & N.

    Here's MY BLOGGER HOP POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, I'm going to have to think about this. I want to read Waking Up in the Land of Glitter too. Good luck on my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of yours I have read, or have got waiting on my shelves here at home. I loved Water for Elephants & Time Traveler's Wife. I have Fingersmith & Major Pettigrew waiting on me. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some exciting titles there.

    Time Travellers Wife is a goody.

    enjoy ur weekend


    carol
    http://dizzycslittlebookblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful choices! I have 'Water for Elephants', 'The Time Traveler's Wife' and 'Fingersmith' riding high on my TBR shelves (though I'm reading 'Tipping the Velvet' right now, so the latter might be waiting a while!), and'Major Pettigrew' in on my wishlist. It didn't quite make the cut for this week's question though!

    Have a great weekend!
    Ellie
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you included the covers for the books on your list. And you've got some great choices on there!!! :)

    Happy Hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Major Pettigrews ast stand and Water for Elephants are the two I'd love to read from your list. The Sarah Waters book is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete