Saturday, December 17, 2011

Snapshot Saturday - Baking

These aren't the best pictures in the world but they signify the beginning of a very special event at our house each year...Let the baking begin!! 

I first made these reindeer cookies the year my firstborn was in kindergarten.  My oldest is a freshman in college now, and she and her sisters pretty much can do these by themselves.  I just hang around to pay for the ingredients, snap a few pictures, and of course, sample the snacks :)  





It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas :)

Snapshot Saturday is hosted by Alyce @ At Home with Books.

12 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delicious...Love how you did the antlers...Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I bet my boys would love to help make cookies like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies are adornment in any celebration like flowers. Unlike flowers cookies taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies are adorable and the group looks like they are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look yummy! I just baked up some gingerbread cookies - also a recipe I first made when my oldest was a baby. Traditions like that are fun, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's our plan for this weekend, too. It's the best way to bring the family together. Thanks for reminding me to snap a few photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know my daughter is itching to do some baking. They have school until noon on Wednesday (and until then they have been and will be barraged with tests), then the flour will be flying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the reindeer cookies! I also am going to baking with my daughter this week, and lets just say she has some ambitious plans. I am scared! I love doing it with her though, and always am so happy that this is part of the holidays that I get to share with her every year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those are so cute! They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm -- those reindeer cookies look like the perfect bedtime snack for me right now. A tall glass of milk and a reindeer or two -- then off to visions of sugar plums.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a cute cookie. I'm not much of a baker but I do enjoy eating everyone's holiday treats.

    ReplyDelete