Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wanna Be More Organized Wednesday



There are times in life when even organization seems chaotic...Christmas is one of those times.  
However, I refuse to let the human made Christmas hustle and bustle break my spirit...even when I venture out like my middle child and I did tonight...even when a car honked at me from behind for no reason...even when there are children screaming in Target, Books A Million and even in Toys R Us.  
Does that seem weird to anyone else?
And, yes, there really were screaming (and I mean screaming) children in all 3 of those stores.

I've cooked meals each night, and my girls and I have baked cookies.   We've watched Christmas movies and Christmas specials together and sipped hot cider and hot chocolate.  My youngest even got her ears pierced with her two big sisters holding her hands so she wouldn't be scared.  A full house is the best Christmas I could ever receive.  I mean that.  

I have a few small items left to purchase to help out my mother-in-law, but I, my dear friends, am done shopping...except for a small pick-up on Saturday at PetSmart.   Yes, Virginia, we are getting a hamster And, yes, I am aware that we have enough animals already.
What's your point?
Tomorrow I also do have to go to the post office and put some items in the mail that should have been sent a week or so ago (ahem, cough, cough).  More about that later.
But, the best shopping news of all is that I stayed within my budget...I knew exactly how much I had to spend...and that was all I spent.
I have NEVER stayed within my budget at Christmas.
I'm a little nervous that I might have forgotten somebody...Yikes!


We've enjoyed a week of home cooked meals so far; we had PW's Dr. Pepper pork last night, will have PW's spaghetti and meatballs tomorrow night and Parmesan Crusted Tilapia Friday night.  We'll begin our traditional Christmas meals on Saturday night after Christmas Eve church services at our local Chinese restaurant...(cue the FaRaRaRaRa  song from "A Christmas Story").  Please watch this movie.  Please.
On Christmas morning my family and I will enjoy a breakfast casserole recipe from an old friend of mine and PW's cinnamon rolls.  We will have a light Christmas lunch with a Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin and sides for our Christmas dinner that night.  
These are definitely wonderful times :) and I am blessed beyond measure.

Anyhoo, even though I'm a little late with the mail, this Wednesday post at 10:35 p.m., and my house is a mess (wrapping paper, cookie baking paraphernalia, and laundry...always laundry), it makes me happy.

Fa ra ra ra ra - ra ra ra ra!


2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Congrats on staying within your Christmas budget, and it sounds like you have a whole lot of goodness in store for you this weekend.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that the holidays are shaping up to be perfect for you! Merry Christmas to you and the family. I hope that you have a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete