Saturday, January 14, 2012

Snapshot Saturday - Layla and her fox

Our cable and internet have been off since last night, but finally it looks like we might be back in business.  I'm not holding my breath though :(

Anyhoo, I wanted to share this series of photos with my Snapshot Saturday friends just in case we lose the connection again.  During Christmas I participate in a couple of book blogger Secret Santa swaps, and my very first Christmas gift this year was actually from one of those Secret Santas.  We all like to say how much we enjoy giving more than receiving but I think we all can tell by the looks of this package that I enjoyed the "gettin" pretty much just as well :)


On the right lower side of this photo you'll notice a rust colored something with a tail...conveniently located right next to the book Love at First Bark.




That "rust colored something with a tail" turned out to be a fox...for LAYLA!!!!
Layla LOVES Secret Santa now and especially Sandy Nawrot over at You Gotta Read This.





Layla's fox has "squeakies" on both ends...she will sit for hours just squeaking it...



If one of us accidentally steps on her fox, she comes running to find out who's playing with her toys...she's not upset; she just wants to play too :)





Layla loves her fox so much that on a recent trip to PetSmart she picked up another one out of the bin!! We talked her into getting a raccoon instead ;)


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce over @ At Home with Books

25 comments:

  1. BibliophilebytheseaJanuary 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM

    She seems like such a sweet dog. Her fox looks like one I bought my SIL's dog last Christmas --he loved it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so precious the way she enjoys her squeeky toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really is :)  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now if I can just teach her to put her toys back into her toy basket after she plays with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layla is a beautiful dog!  Looks like she is having a great time with her fox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny doggie she is lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute! I love it when animals have their own "pets." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!  I love that she picked out her toy at PetSmart.  She is indeed a smart pet. ;) 

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny!  One of my dogs loves squeaky toys, but my other two are scared silly of them!  It's pretty comical!  Layla is havin' herself a big time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks very happy with that toy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww!  I am so glad she likes her fox!  Her needed a Christmas gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andi (Estella's Revenge)January 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM

    I LOVE THIS!!! I've had to stop giving my Daisy squeak toys because she takes it upon herself to de-squeak them. Ugg! Layla is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cool! Sandy is a great friend of mine, and she told me what she had sent to you, and I knew that it would be perfect. It looks like Layla thinks so too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've done a few book blogger swaps over time, but not one this year, I do know how exciting they are. Layla knows how exciting they are now too. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Nise'...she loves her toys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have no idea...;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Layla thinks Reagan's pillow pets are hers too :/  That causes chaos from time to time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL!! She likes to visit...and she never leaves empty pawed :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our Lizzie is scared of the squeaky toys :(  which is actually good bc I don't think Layla would be interested in sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's in her own little world :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, her did!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Layla has a Kong frog that I got her when she was a puppy...it was much smaller...Layla de-squeaked him pretty quickly.  So far, so good on the fox and raccoon but we keep an eye on them just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Layla has a basket where she keeps her toys...I can put the fox up and she'll get it right back out...over and over and over and over :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the blog swaps!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great gift!
    I love that Layla comes running whenever she hears the squeak -- our doggie used to do the same, and he used to look sort of annoyed when he realized we had just inadvertently stepped on it and were not ready to initiate playtime, lol.

    ReplyDelete