Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things I Love - Happy Valentines Day!

Things I Love - The Valentine's Day Edition
Faith - is it silly to "love" faith?  I don't think so...my faith sustains me...when I am on the floor as down as I can be without any idea of how I'm going to get up, my faith gives me something solid to hold on to.

Family - if you know me, you know this is a no brainer.  You can mess with me all you want, but do not mess with my people.  

 Animals - Another surprise, right?  We currently have 3 dogs, 3 cats and a hamster.  We've even fostered a couple of squirrels along the way and helped a stray or two find its way back home.  


Blousy Blouses - Whoever decided to bring these wonderful midriff hiding wardrobe essentials back into circulation has my undying gratitude.  I'm 43; the midriff ain't what it used to be; thank God we're moving away from that skin tight, curve forming stuff that made me look like a Sharpei.

Coffee - the elixir of the Gods...coffee is honestly the very first thing I think about when my alarm clock goes off in the morning.  


Donald Pliner heels - I love heels...but I ain't gonna wear something uncomfortable.  A little on the pricey side, these heels don't feel like you have on heels...and they are sassy enough that the firstborn even sneaks them out of my closet every now and again when I'm not looking.  I have a beautiful sophisticated black pair that I rooted from my mom's shoe closet a couple of years ago and they are still in the greatest shape :)

Black Orchid perfume by Tom Ford - I lucked out here...my mom was allergic, and I was the lucky recipient.  Mom's hand-me-downs ROCK!


Books - almost every single room in my house has bookshelves...no kidding :)

Naps - Seriously, you have no idea...no, seriously...you REALLY have no idea.



Aveda Hair Products - It's no fun to reach the hair coloring age only to find out that you are allergic to hair color :(  BUT, Aveda makes plant based products to which I am not allergic!!!! 
Wahoo!!! 


Blogging - um, duh??

Taking photographs - the only way I can explain this addiction is that it is so far away from what I do...it's a challenge to get good photos in low light, fast action situations but somehow I manage to do it...I'm always thrilled when I get a few great ones :)  And, I LOVE to share :)


Chapstick - the original kind and any kind with peppermint or eucalyptus in it...we have tubes of Chapstick all over our house, in the car, at my office, etc.

Iphone - I never thought I'd be a convert....a cell phone is a cell phone, right?  Guess what? 



My Iphone Otterbox - You have no idea how difficult this decision was for me...I didn't want my phone to look like anyone else's...I wanted it to mean something to me since I really didn't want any kind of cover in the first place but knew I had to have one for the day that I will inevitably drop my Iphone.   I searched high and low...I found several I "liked" but just wasn't really "feeling" the love...until I stumbled onto this beauty just last night.


Power, Strength, Love, Courage, Endure
Amen.

Anxiety meds - I refuse to be embarrassed about taking meds...they are the reason I am sane.  I've also seen the serious damage that can happen when people take the need for medical help too lightly...I am not weak because I need meds; I'm strong because I realize that I need them and I take them. 

Cuties - have you seen these little oranges that almost slide out of their peels and have NO SEEDS!!  I can eat 5 of them!!! 




HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! 

7 comments:

  1. Andi (Estella's Revenge)February 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM

    SO MUCH HERE to comment upon! Oddly, the first inclination is to go with the Cuties! I looooooove them and they're just the right size for my toddler to snorgle down. And a big HECK YEAH to so many more items here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to comment on all of these, but suffice it to say that I'm sitting here nodding and smiling!  My life would be incomplete without my kids and my animals and my books and my cuties.  I'm going to have to check out these shoes though.  I have big issues with heels after years of wearing them, and now permanently live in tennis shoes and flip flops. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oranges used to be such a hassle to eat...spitting seeds, digging fingernails under that peel :p  With Cuties, there is NONE of that...what a wonderful little snack!! :) I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wore my wide heeled Pliners today to work, Sandy...I sassed right up and down the halls more comfortable than I do in some of the flat shoes I own.  Check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're allergic to hair color??? I'd be sobbing on the floor if I was (is that even grammatically correct?).

    ReplyDelete
  6. BibliophilebytheseaFebruary 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM

    Loved this post Patti - Happy Belated Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to check out those shoes.
    My children love those cuties!  And I am so happy that my youngest ones can peel them all by themselves.  I love my iPhone too.  I really, really love that phone.
    I enjoyed reading your entire list, and I am getting caught up on your book reviews.  Reading your book reviews is fun for me....I get a little bit of entertainment, and I know I will probably not get around to reading a fraction of the books, but I do enjoy the summaries you provide.  :)

    ReplyDelete