Saturday, March 31, 2012

Snapshot Saturday - Instagram addiction

I finally took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and bought an Iphone.  
Thanks to Steve Jobs, I am now addicted to Apple products and their applications.

One of those applications is called Instagram...



With the Instagram application, I take photos and share them with other friends who also use this application (sortof a social networking experience with people who enjoy photos) :)

One of the coolest things about this app is the ability to crop and play with layers that conveniently pop up when you choose the photo you want to upload.


I've never been one to photoshop my pics...I'm a straight out of the camera kind of gal...
BUT 
these simple layers add so much to a photo...the layers don't change the photo really; they just provide enhancement that makes the photos look more like a piece of art...I'm in love.


One of my first Instagram shots was the one below.
Springtime in MS is tornado season; when the sirens sound, we spend a lot of our time in closets :(
...that's my middle child with her little dog Lizzie and my big dog Layla...







When we're not in the closet, we're enjoying beautiful sunshine and mild temps...the first enjoyable days of the year before the stifling summertime heat arrives.  The photo below is Thomas O-Malley enjoying our first Spring weekend in the porch swing :)






Mild weekends are what gets me through this incredibly hectic time at work...especially since I've been gone quite a bit the last month...it takes 2 computers to stay on track with classes and other responsibilities right now...heavy sigh...




We're also preparing for my middle daughter's graduation, senior prom, preparing for college, plans for next year, senior trip, etc. etc. etc.  And, yes, I just did all this last year...I'll have quite a break between my middle daughter and the youngest, thank goodness.




Do you use Instagram??  If you don't, you should give it a try.  If you do, I wanna follow you!!! 
;)

Snapshot Saturday is hosted by Alyce @ At Home with Books

30 comments:

  1. I'll have to check Instagram out.  Had not heard about it, but I love the look of your photos.  So is that your middle daughter's prom dress?  Cute sandals and her pedicure is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bermudaonion (Kathy)March 31, 2012 at 12:06 PM

    I have Instagram but rarely use it.  I need to get better about using my phone's camera.  I love your photos! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just downloaded Instagram! another friend of mine had also been recommending it :)

    An old follower, Dee from  e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used Instagram but [as with all things Apple] it sounds fantastic! I love these shots, the sleeping cat is just awesome. And what's better than a cat with a first AND last name? --> Not much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BibliophilebytheseaMarch 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM

    These are awesome. I love the pets. the b/w and well heck - I love them all --very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds like a really great gadget...thanks for sharing.

    And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun photos! Kitty sure looks relaxed in the swing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like something I'm going to have to look into. Those are so cool!  Love the bottom picture - looks like someone's ready to part-ay :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cute photo of Abraham Delacy...er, Thomas O'Malley. :) I haven't used Instagram, but it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, look like you're having fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thomas O'Malley?  Really?  :D I love that song!  And you have a very handsome cat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos, your cat is very pretty - as is your daughter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, that's her dress...I kinda like the toes too...even though prom is still a little over a month away :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks, Kathy!! I was never impressed with the camera on my Blackberry, but the Iphone camera really takes nice pics...and those layers are soooo cool! 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see what you post!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! Thomas O'Malley joined us Memorial Day last year...she was just a baby and orphaned.  Yes, I said "she." We named her Thomas bc we thought she was male...we took her to be neutered and found out she needed to be spayed :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Give it a try!! It's soooo cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She loves the swing...as long as nobody is in there with her swinging hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. sooo funny, Alyce...that's exactly where the name came from :)  Except our Thomas is a girl :/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks!! She's a girl though...we found that out AFTER we named her :/  I've had cats all my life...pretty embarrassing mistake :/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I could see me getting addicted to this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. very, very easy to slip into ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enjoyed looking at the photographs!

    Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, what a fun app! Instant editing, too. Looks like you're having a great time with it! Nice pix!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't use Instagram, but I know many who like it. I should give it a try sometime. The photos look fab!

    ReplyDelete