Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - Chicago

As our last Show Choir season winds down, our group competed in the National Show Choir Championship in Chicago last weekend.  Because it's our last, we made a mini family vacation out of it.
I love Chicago...and this trip did not alter that feeling at all.  It was even more special that we were able to share the experience with our entire family, including my mom :) 
My love affair with Instagram hasn't waned a bit since I first posted about my addiction, so today's Snapshots feature Chicago photos from my Instagram collection:


This photo was taken on top of the Sears Tower...I took a picture of the picture this small crew bought after their experience.   My mom and I both have checked this off our lists on previous trips so we were shopping at Stuart Weitzman and Chanel while the husband took the youngest and the oldest to the top of the tower.



Ahem, did I mention Stuart Weitzman? 




And, please, please don't forget about Chanel...please.





My little Cubbies! :) We froze our patooties off, but it was FABULOUS!





Chicago from our hotel window the first morning...rainy, cold and wet the first day.





This is one of the reason I love the Head of My Household...I woke up each morning to this whopper cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee...isn't he a great guy!!!  I never saw the Dunkin Donuts downtown where we were staying so I have no idea how far he had to walk for this...really, no idea.  
Yes, ladies, he's mine. :)






Battling the wind after dinner one night, the youngest found this statue adorned with a Blackhawks jersey outside one of the other hotels...she let the statue block the wind off her while we waited on our silly big girls who weren't paying attention and got stuck on the other side of the road from us.  Really, big girls, this ain't rural MS.







Giordano's...a must stop on any Chicago trip...but don't touch my youngest's spaghetti...them's fightin' words.






The youngest and the oldest pose in front of the tulips that were all over the city...how in the world they were alive and blooming so well in the frosty temps and blustery wind, I have no idea.







Our show choir girl and the youngest...more tulips :)






Wrigley Field anyone?  Great seats but FREEZING.  We stocked up on scarves and caps and even blankets before we went in.  My feet were numb when we left bc I left my mom's boots at her house instead of mine :)  






Dinner choices are serious business!








My mom and I...we'll frame this photo :)






My youngest Cub...who bought this cap and wore it for the rest of the trip...even slept in it two nights...gotta love her! :)


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce over @ At Home with Books.


40 comments:

  1. I like your taste in shoes and bags!  That platform at the Sears Tower looks amazing - I was there years ago but before the platform was there.  I will never forget the visit because my good friend was with me and terrified of heights.  When the elevator got to the top - she couldn't get out!  Definitely no platform for her! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'd stand on the Sears Tower platform or not....scary!!

    Love those shoes!!

    Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bermudaonion (Kathy)April 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

    It looks like you had a fabulous time!  I'm terrified of heights but have actually been to the top of the Sears Tower, if you can believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos make me feel as though I came along with you and had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev@My Readers BlockApril 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

    What a great trip!  Looks like you had a great time.  I'm not sure I could do that standing on the glass platform at the top of the Sears Tower thing.  And I'm not afraid of heights....

    Here's my Snapshot: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/04/saturday-snapshot-april-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicago is so much fun!   I went with some girl friends last summer and hope to go again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Chicago is such a cool city! When I saw you in the stadium, I thought maybe you were at the White Sox/Red Sox game ... it was cold for the first two! Then I saw that you're a Cubbies fan! Go Cubs! Would love to see them do something this year!

    What a great tour of the city!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great photos and fun times with your girls and your mom. You all look so much alike. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are wonderful photos and that's an awesome shoe! But I have to say your first picture and the one of the buildings gave me a touch of vertigo.  Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Chicago so thanks for that tour :) looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a good trip to the Windy City.  I love to take a day trip there.  It is 2.5 hours away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had a fabulous time! That cubs game looks great, but I'd definitely want to go when it's not cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diane@BibliophilebytheseaApril 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM

    These are great shot of family fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time.

    However, that first picture makes me nauseous. So high up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone looks like they are having a blast in all of the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun, fun trip!  We have never been to Chicago, but it's on our list!
    I will email you some links for beginning running plans.  Do you have a friend who will run with you?  I think that is key--having someone to run with you at least once a week.  I have blogged about some couch to 5K plans, and I will find the link for that.  You do need decent shoes.
    If you stick with this, maybe you can join us at the Kim C. Gee 5K next year!  Sharon Dean Davis lives in Hattiesburg, and yall could ride together!  :)
    I'll email you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I love these pictures!  I've been to Chicago in the spring, summer and winter and I never NEVER tire of it.  So much fun, even when it is cold.  

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! The shoes were perfect for my middle daughter...might as well have had her name on them :) and the bag and necklace became my mom's :)  Now you see why I love my mom's hand-me-downs so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. When we went last year, I stepped out there just so I could say I did...you notice how my youngest's feet are not touching the ground :) 

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not a fan of heights either, Kathy...but I did step out there last year just so I could say that I did.  No desire to do it again though :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We had a blast, Cathy!! 

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely an experience everyone should try...even just for a few seconds :) It's a weird feeling indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm ready to go again as well!! It's just that kind of city!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Susan, the Cubs lost the day we were there and then the day after :( It may be a long season for them :(  

    ReplyDelete
  26. As much as I love Chicago, the trip with all my girls, my husband and my mom made it that much more special...a lifetime memory indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. absolutely Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I picked the shoe out for my middle daughter :) I have no idea how they build those platforms with confidence that it will still be standing after so many people have stood on them...I try not to think about it.  Once was enough for me...which is why Mom and I went shopping instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, you should soooo goooo to Chicago!! What a great city!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm jealous, Nise'!!! If I lived that close, I would probably be there once a month! 

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's our 2nd game and it was cold the last time we went as well...in May!  We still had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Family fun is the very best kind of fun, don't you think!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. makes me nauseous too, Jenn! 

    ReplyDelete
  34. We really did, Sam! A great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I do have a friend or two who might let me run with them a time or two...they are all well ahead of me though so I might slow them down at first.  I've seen your couch to 5K plans; I'll go back and look at those again...that's exactly what I was thinking just last night that I need.  I bought shoes over Easter weekend so I've got that covered.  I would LOVE to join ya'll next year!! I'm using the St. Jude races as my 1st goal...if I make it till then, I'm hoping I'll be so addicted to running that I won't be able to quit :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sandy, I've only been twice, but I'm ready today to go again!! Just a great city!! 

    ReplyDelete
  37. So much fun! I love these pics. Thanks for sharing, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What wonderful photos! Chicago is a city I've never visited. 

    You're the winner of my GoneReading giveaway--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks like a fun (but chilly) trip!! I'm reading about Chicago right now so it was timely to read your post. (Of course, I'm reading about 1800s Chicago back when it was smelly from all the meat packing.)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very nice photos. The last time I was in Chicago was 7 years. In the past when we lived in Michigan (1970's and 80's) we enjoyed visiting Chicago and very often.

    I'm your whole family enjoyed your vacation there.

    ReplyDelete