Friday, May 18, 2012

Book Blogger Hop



I haven't hopped in quite a while.  And, I've missed it!  The best thing about the Book Blogger Hop to me is getting to see a lot of new bloggers/blogs I might not have visited before :)

This week's question is:

How many books do you own? This can include books in your to-be-read (TBR) pile(s) and books you have already read that are on your keeper shelf.

My answer:

Um, I have no earthly idea how many books I own.  There are books in every single room of our house.  Seriously. 
I have shelves of TBRs, shelves for keepers I've read and loved and will probably never part with, shelves for series/authors I've read for a long time, shelves for classics, shelves for antique books, etc. etc. Surely I don't have to list them all.  I have always been a book fiend...as long as I can remember.  When I was in high school, I worked at an independent book store where I received a substantial discount on the books I bought...needless to say, I didn't pocket much money during those years. 
I'm a sucker for a bookstore...I cannot pass one without going in...and it's very seldom that I don't come out without something in  my hands.
Oy.

Can't wait to hop around and see if anybody else is as nuts as I am.
;)


Book Blogger Hop is hosted @ Crazy for Books each Friday.

14 comments:

  1. This made me laugh -- I dread having to ever account for the books I own -- the number would be frightening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The number of books I own is seriously embarrassing. Some might say I have a problem, but I am betting that most of us have many, many books to choose from! Great answer to a question that so many are curious about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 8,163 books.  Just kidding--I have no idea how many books I have, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of books and cannot depart from them. some are classic's, some i've made personal classics and then some. 
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com/p/bout-of-books-read-thon.html 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea either.  I also have different shelves for different types.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree!  I can't even imagine what the number would be close to...kinda like counting the marbles/m&m's in a jar contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Books actually relax me...so I justify so many books as cheaper than therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't give many away either...unless I just really disliked them and don't even want to look at them again.  That doesn't happen very often though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that funny?  I'd love to have floor to ceiling bookshelves of some kind on at least one wall in every room.  Then, I'd just spend hours organizing over and over again :) only fellow booklovers get that I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As the Crowe Flies and ReadsMay 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM

    Just hoppin' through.  Like you, I have no idea how many books are in my house because my husband and I are both fiends about books!

    I really, really like your kitty photo.  I'm also Southern and I've been in independent bookselling for more years than I care to consider, so now I'm a new follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay!! Glad to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi-hopping over to say hello-I love reading and literature but I have little sentimental attachment for the vehicles in which this is conveyed.  In most cases once I read a book and do not plan to read it again I am happy to trade, sell, donate or even sometimes throw it out.  I have a few items I do attach value to but I much prefer reading on my Ipad.   

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh I could never take a job in a bookstore- I'd go totally broke. :)

    My hop post

    ReplyDelete