Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - Graduation

We turned a page last night.
One that thankfully we felt pretty ready for.  I teared up a couple of times, but not because I was sad...not because I wish my girl was little again...but because of how proud I am of her.  She's worked hard to find her way, she's slipped up a time or two, but has always picked herself right back up. 
She's ready for the next step...and we are too :)

It's only fitting that I would share my Instagram shots from yesterday on today's Saturday Snapshot.   Here are my favorites :)



 My middle daughter and her little sister...clowning :)




My middle daughter was explaining the medals around her neck to the youngest.  These two can fight like cats and dogs, but when all is said and done, they are kindred spirits.
I may frame this one.




All three of my "babies."




A good friend of mine sitting on the opposite side of the auditorium took this photo.  My daughter is standing right in front of the fella in the lower right hand side corner...you can see her yellow tassles of her honors cord handing down in front of her.
This photo is priceless :)


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce @ At Home with Books.

28 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos to capture the moment.  Congratulations to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bermudaonion (Kathy)May 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM

    Lovely photos.  Congratulations to the new graduate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I LOVE Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the graduate and to the proud mother.
    I like the clowning and later the collaborative teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She looks very happy.

    My snapshot is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Lisa! Those are the pics I love the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your daughter on this milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a this accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your daughter.
    Cute pictures, and the one your friend took of them all tossing their hats into the air is just great. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos, congratulations to your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet photos! I love the ones with the sisters especially. Congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bev@My Reader's BlockMay 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

    What great pictures--especially of the girls together.  Takes me back to last year and my son's graduation.  They grow up so quick, don't they?

    Here's my Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your daughter's special day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Kaye!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Nise'...we're ready for the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it though??  I had no idea she had captured such a moment until she shared it with me on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. me too, Alyce...when I get the black and white one framed, I'll use it as a reminder of peaceful times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. sooooo fast! Our oldest graduated last year as well...we'll have a break from graduations now until the youngest graduates in 2022 :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many many congrats to her! Cheers to the next steps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pictures, and you must be so proud of her - a graduation is so special. I remember my younger daughter's a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on all of her accomplishments. Everyone looks so happy. My son graduates from high school next Sunday and he's ready to move on to college. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  22. You must be so proud!  Congratulations to everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely series of photos, nice that all three of your daughters could be there to celebrate. 

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations to your daughter! Such an exciting time for all of you, I'm sure. I adore the black and white one with your middle and youngest. Definitely a framer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats! Your little one looks so proud to be her sis! Yes, frame it!

    ReplyDelete