Friday, June 15, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday



This is my first time on Feature and Follow Friday over at Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read! 
Wahoo!! 

I've been blogging for 3 years, and did you know that it just hit me today after reading the rules/instructions for participating in this hop that not everybody can follow another blogger through GFC.  I honestly had never thought about that! I promise I'm a halfway intelligent person :/
Anyhoo, I signed up for the little Blogger Network follow thingamajigie and posted it in my sidebar...it kinda looks funny there right now...er, with only little me following my little self, ahem.  :)

This week's question is 

Q: Happy Father’s Day! Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?


My answer:
I read a lot of different stuff...from vampire hunters to classics...but the best Father in all the books/series I've ever read is Father Tim from Jan Karon's best selling Mitford series.  Now, don't smirk.  I'm a very tightly wound kind of woman who has more than a full plate of responsibilities (like most of us).  I have to constantly battle to keep my emotions in tact, stay organized and not get overwhelmed.  Father Tim is just the opposite.  He's peaceful, he's trustworthy, he takes in strays (boys and dogs), and he loves others just as they are...but in a believable way, not an unrealistic holier than thou way.  Does that make sense? He's also not perfect but never pretends to be.  
Just an all around older guy who enjoys life and encourages those around him to do the same.
:)
This is where you can find Father Tim:

And, this is what I think he looks like: 



Now, on to find some new blogging friends on the hop!! 
:)


22 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds like a great dad. I like your choice.
    :)

    New Follower
    Here's my ff: http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday-is-meme-hosted-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father Tim is pretty cool as dads go too, Daniela :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this book, but I liked your write-up of him! New follower via Networked Blogs; my F&F is here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father Tim is just the most reliable, believable guy I've ever read about :)

      Delete
  3. Luv ur blog and the picture of ur Cat :D **New Follower**
    My favourite dad would have to be Mr Weasley from harry potter at the moment. Happy Friday :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Weasley would definitely be on my list as well...just a good all-around normal guy :)

      Delete
  4. You've made that series sound interesting, I'll have to add it to be TBR list.

    New follower via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series Leah Marie...just a peaceful, good feeling read :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love the MITFORD books. And, yes, Father Tim is a great "father figure."

    Jan Karon wrote a delightful picture book that my kids have, MISS FANNIE'S HATS - check it out if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that cute book, Dawn :) I also love the little mini books she puts out at Christmas :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, I am glad you chose him! He is a very entertaining "Father" that I just loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is, isn't he, Shirley! Just a great, honest, trustworthy, faithful guy :)

      Delete
  7. Hopping through. I love Father Tim. I've only read the first 3 Mitford books. I need to read the rest.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read these believe it or not. while I"ve got an amazing dad, my girls could use a role model! I'll have to see if they'll read these.

    They are a fan of Atticus Finch though so that's a good start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good start :) Father Tim doesn't have any children of his own until Dooley comes along and he adopts him. Wonderful stories :)

      Delete
  9. I've heard read these books. You can check out my choice HERE.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check them out, Tinkerbell...when you're in the mood for something slow and easy :)

      Delete
  10. Haven't read those books, but sounds good. New follower :) If you'd like to follow back my FF is Here
    Thanks!
    Chrystina @Bookliaison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrystina, the Mitford books are really good books for when you need just a slow, peaceful, non-stressful read :)

      Delete
  11. I'm not familiar with Jan Karon's books, but I've heard they're fun and soothing, so maybe I should change that ;-) Good luck on your continued recovery from academe. I'm a new follower on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! You should definitely check out Jan Karon's series...they're perfect for when you just need a sit back and relax, perfectly calm and soothing read :)

      Delete