Friday, June 22, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday


I had so much fun last week on my first Feature and Follow Friday that I'm back for more this week!!!!

Go on over and visit the ladies at Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View for more about the hop and do not, do not forget to stop by this week's feature blog Head Stuck in a Book :) 

This week's Question:

Q: If you could "unread" a book, which one would it be? Is it because you want to start over and experience it again for the first time? Or because it was THAT bad?



My Answer:

I didn't even have to think very long about this answer because I just finished reading Laurell K. Hamilton's 21st book in the Anita Blake vampire hunter series, Kiss the Dead...and HATED it.  
:(:(:(:(:(
Yes, I've read all the others.
Yes, I've liked most of the others (why on earth would I still be reading otherwise??)
There have been one or two that I really didn't care for...but this one...I could have saved myself some time. There's nothing in this one that I couldn't have skipped...
I hated this one so much that I'm having a difficult time writing the review...I don't write many negative reviews bc I simply don't read books that I don't think I'll like.


This one's brand new so I haven't read any other reviews yet...It will be interesting to see what other Anita Blake fans think.
Sorry, but this one's a stinker.




14 comments:

  1. New follower!

    Too bad about the latest Anita Blake. I really did like the first few :(

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first few are the best of all...I can't remember where it began to get a little weird but I think around #7. Still, I liked the series for the most part until now :p

      Delete
  2. Oh that's such a shame - I'm sorry you didn't like it!

    New to your blog,
    Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited all year for it too...I think that's what made me react so negatively...I would have happily waited another year for a better book :(

      Delete
  3. I was able to meet Laurell K Hamilton once - AWESOME person but I agree ... the vampire series has really went down the tube.

    Happy Feature Friday @ The Brunette Librarian??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very cool! I can't tell you how many times I rolled my eyes while reading Kiss the Dead :(

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of this series, but I am pretty sure you're not alone in your feelings for the last book. I've seen quite a lot of bad reviews on my Goodreads feed.

    Old Networked Blog follower.

    My F&F post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay away from other reviews until I've finished my own...just to be sure that my thoughts are truly mine...I like the reader's first response stuff...it's the most genuine to me. I honestly can't remember a book I've read in a long time that brought up so many harsh feelings for me. I've written my first draft of this review and have already had to tone down the snark TWICE.
      :(

      Delete
  5. I love your skunk picture. So cute! Sounds like you're very disappointed.

    My follow friday. Hope you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the Anita Blake series but I have heard mixed reviews on it, maybe why I have pushed it back on my list.

    New Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too far in to give up but the next one better be a whopper...and better blow me away or I'm done.

      Delete
  7. I was considering this one in the bookstore the other day ... glad I decided against it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you didn't buy it!! I am rarely this negative about a book...I kept waiting on something to happen to make it a worthwhile purchase...never happened :(

      Delete