Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - Guitar Man

I've been missing for the last few days...but for very good reasons :)
1.  The husband's 50th birthday yesterday
2.  Aerosmith concert in Atlanta, GA Thursday night in celebration of the husband's 50th birthday
3.  Planning for the husband's 50th birthday bash next Friday night

More on all of it later, but today's photos are courtesy of the husband who took awesome photos at the Aerosmith concert.


Steven Tyler and Joe Perry started the show off at the end of the "runway"


Now, as are all Aerosmith fans, I like Steven Tyler, but ladies, I must be honest.  You see Joe Perry there with his incredibly beautiful wife Billie's photo on his guitar?  Mmmmhmmm, yeah...thank-you very much.  I'm a guitar man's lady; what can I say??



After a drum solo, Steven Tyler joined Joey Kramer on stage for a duet...I have no idea how these guys do this without passing out...I'm not kidding.


When Kramer and Tyler were done, they tossed their drumsticks to the screaming crowd :)


Tyler backed up by #1 guitarist in the world, Joe Perry





Joe Perry playing his guitar over the back of his head


Steven Tyler rose up from the bottom of the stage on this white baby grand


Joe started off on the main stage...


...but then joined Steven on top of the piano :)


one of my favorite parts of the entire show...



Steven Tyler and Tom Hamilton


Joe and Steven bringing the show to a close...




FAN FREAKIN' (Steven Tyler would use another F adjective) TASTIC!!

I had the best time at my husband's 50th birthday concert!!


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce @ At Home with Books

29 comments:

  1. Looks like it was quite a night! My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/5WXI0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one we'll remember for a long time :)

      Delete
  2. Happy milestone birthday to The Husband... and what a great way to celebtate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you husband. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a good concert! Happy birthday to your husband - he's having extended celebrations, like the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I'll have to use that analogy a time or two this week, Eugenia! Thanks so much for reminding me!! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh man, what a lot of fun! Happy 50th to the hub :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you got to go to the concert. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them were blurry due to low light, lighting effects, and movement galore...but I thought these turned out nicely :)

      Delete
  7. You got some really great concert shots...mine turn out way too dim (but then again it's been awhile since I've been to a live concert and was using an old style camera ♫)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of ours were dim and blurry too...we just took a billion so that we'd capture a few good shots :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, he took some amazing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly could have taken better if we had been closer but we're satisfied with these...I'll probably make some kind of collage to hang :)

      Delete
  9. WOW - what a way to celebrate his 50th -- awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I remember all the planning and scheming I did for my husband's 50th a couple of years ago. It was so much fun though. And what a concert...looks like you had great seats. Have you ever read Tyler's biography that he wrote a year or so ago? You need to. Send me an e-mail if you want the audio...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have great seats although we were on the right side of the stage and couldn't really see the close-up screens...but we could see them off stage as they were getting ready to come on, waiting in the wings and when they left the stage. That was much better for me! My husband read Tyler's bio and said it was ok but Walk This Way is a much better account of the band's history...Tyler's book is all me, me, me...surprise surprise, right? ;)

      Delete
    2. Sandy, did you know Joe Perry is working on his auto-bio? It is supposed to be ready by late Fall 2013...I'm drooling. ;)

      Delete
  11. Your husband's photos are fantastic! I took my husband on a secret trip for his 50th and it was a lot of work to pull of. It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got one more event to conclude the 50th celebration...his birthday bash this Friday night. I'm deep into preparations for that right now but I think it's going to be fun!

      Delete
  12. Now, that's a celebration.
    Cheers to the 50th.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lOVE that you got to celebrate too. Tres cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so high energy! I bet it was an incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete