Saturday, August 18, 2012

Snapshot Saturday - Back to School edition

I fully enjoyed my summer of reading and blogging...even on the days when the blogging world was quiet.  I knew as soon as school was back in session that my blogging/reading would take a hit, and usually a hard one at that.  
And, well, it has.  
:( 
I probably missed everyone else's back to school photos, but I'm a fan and full fledged believer of the saying, 
"Better late than never" :)

So...
Without further adieu...

Our Back to School Photo for this year:



I love this photo...except for the fact that for the last 2 years another member of my family has "left" the picture.  Our two older girls graduated in 2011 and 2012, so now only the youngest and of course Layla are in the annual photo.
Layla rides with me every morning to drop the youngest off.  She has learned not to bark at the teachers in the drop off line and to appreciate the little children who appreciate seeing her every morning.  The youngest gives her a pat on her head through her window to say good-bye when it's her turn to get out of the car, and Layla keeps her eyes on "her girl" until she's safely inside the building.

As we pull away from the school, Layla still keeps her eyes on the crowd and the front door of the building until she can no longer see it and then looks at me for reassurance that we will return to get "our girl" at the end of the day :)

How's that for loyalty, protectiveness, and intelligence?

Snapshot Saturday is hosted by Alyce @ At Home with Books





16 comments:

  1. Enjoyed looking at the photograph!

    Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce photo, and I love the accompanying story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Having Layla has helped me adjust to my two older girls "leaving the nest." I'll probably have to get a menagerie of pets when the youngest leaves :/ Don't tell my husband :p

      Delete
  3. That is a great photo. I can tell Layla takes her job seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY much so, Leslie :) She amazes me every day. She loves "her girl"! My youngest accompanied me when we participated in basic obedience school when Layla was a puppy. Layla is bigger than my youngest, but if the youngest tells Layla to do something, she does it without hesitation. It's so cool to watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layla is obviously a very special dog. My Snapshot is at a stone circle http://goo.gl/8P0Zp

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds like such a sweet dog! I love back-to-school photos too! We still have a couple of weeks left until the kids go back to school here and I'm pretty excited about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Back to School next year will be much later as well...we've just passed a new MS law. I'm not sure of all the reasons; I'm assuming it has to do with heat, expenses related to buses, buildings etc. We'll see how it goes :)

      Delete
  7. Brings back so many memories of my girls back-to-school days. Enjoy!! Here's my photohttp://barbarathehealthynut.blogspot.com/2012/08/raindrops-and-roses.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a touching story on so many accounts. Thank you for sharing it with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A loyal dog/pet. Good work Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo, I can see why you like it so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet that she keeps her eye on her the entire time. My little pup is nipping at my daughter right now. She nips her to herd her into her bedtime routine. We never allowed it and we always correct her but lately, she's a bit over the top with it. If it's not bedtime, she is glued to her side licking her and giving her kisses but for some reason, she feels she is the boss at bedtime. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete