Love these lists over at The Broke and the Bookish each week :) I needed a silly list today as we prepare for an approaching Hurricane Isaac :p
1. I write in my books - I have all my life. I can go back later and see what I was thinking when I read it the first time :):) Lately, though, I've learned to use post-it notes in my books. I can make comments all I want, yet if I loan the book or give it away, I can just remove the post-its! Yay me!
2. I'm a hoarder. Not like those people you see on tv...yikes! But, I really do have books in every home in my house. There are even books in one of our bathrooms. Seriously, the only room that does not have any books in it is the laundry room...although, now that I think about it, that would be a good place for a DIY bookshelf ;)
3. I'm one of those weird people who loves the smell of old books - stacks at college library - stress relief - When I was in graduate school, I used to escape to the stacks...sometimes I would just sit there and think. When I'm in the stacks, I feel surrounded and protected by a large tight knit group of old friends :)
4. I re-purchase books I've read in paperback, ebook or audiobook formats :( Please don't tell my husband. He doesn't say much about all my books...except when we move and there are bazillions of boxes marked "books"...but to know that not only do I buy books, but I also re-buy them would give him lifelong ammunition to use against me in future budget wars.
Shhhhhhh...what happens in the bookstore, stays in the bookstore ;)
5. I cannot, cannot watch a movie made from a book if I haven't read the book first. If I accidentally commit this crime, I feel guilty. Yes, I'm a little OCD; why do you ask?
6. I'm mean to movies made from books. I'm sorry...I'm not a mean person, but geez Louise...read the book, make the movie. Book fans don't show up at the movie bc they want to see a different, poorly acted version. Slapping my head.
7. I don't have many DNF's bc I feel I owe the book to read until the last page in order to give it a chance to woo me. I also don't have many DNF's though bc I choose my books carefully. I don't take on books I'm not sure I'll be interested in bc there are Puh-lenty that pique my interest.
8. I'm obsessive and naive when I get involved in giveaways, I just about do my own self in...I want everyone to win...so in a package selection, I usually give it all away...then it takes me a month to get it all shipped :(
9. I have some form or version of a variety of books with me everywhere. I. go. I cannot waste precious reading time...even if it's just 10 minutes in the pick up line at my youngest daughter's elementary school.
10. I have no idea how long my Amazon WishList is...I peruse it and discover "new" books all the time.
Fun list this week!!