Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day! Things I Love

I've done this post the last couple of years, and it's a lot of fun :)  
What I love the most, of course, are my family, faith, and life, but I include whimsical "stuff" on this list since Valentine's Day is one of the whimsicallest  of all whimsical holidays...but I'll keep myself focused on the list rather than a dissertation on society's idea of "love" as opposed to what I know of as authentic unconditional love.


You're welcome. :)

Valentine's Day 2013, Things I Love

Here we go:

Instagram

that first cup of coffee each morning

Tom Ford Black Orchid

Brighton

picture frames

Soft Surroundings

reading, writing, reflecting, blogging

German Shepherds

bookstores

the window seat

snow...from the snuggly inside looking out

running

cats

afternoon tea

peanut butter and apples

sleeping in on Saturday mornings

granola

NYC and Broadway shows

Ireland

naps

The little "Big Bubba" at Bops

old fashioned oatmeal

Mississippi

The South

books, books, and more books

teaching

my Cuisinart food processor and crock-pot

Pot Luck Suppers

edamame

Wifi

community

Sweet Brown



Giddy and Twinkle over at Peace and Paws Rescue



HAPPY VALENTINES' DAY!!

14 comments:

  1. You and I love a lot of the same things. I love Sweet Brown. I want to know her. I love Brighton and I checked out Black Orchid when you mentioned it in a previous post. I am a lover of perfume and that is a fine one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sweet Brown and I could be really good friends :) I've always had a weakness for perfume, Ti, but I don't switch back and forth...I'm a one perfume woman...until I like something better :p

      Delete
  2. Love this!! Had to laugh out loud at the picture of the dogs though. They are so cute!!! Our black lab tolerated her halloween costume (she was a pumpkin) but not long enough for a good picture like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, you should check out their website and FB page. They are hilarious!! Twinkle just had a pretty serious health scare...she had eaten a big piece of wood, big enough that it blocked her intestines and it took them a week or so to even figure out what was wrong with her. The owners as well as all their fans were so worried she was going to die. But a smart vet finally found the wood and removed it, and she's good as new :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day! I love chocolate, wine, books, and my heating blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a snuggly heating blanket sometimes as well but I'm trying to stay away from chocolate and wine right now bc I love them too much :p

      Delete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day. I love books (of course) writing, and sleeping, as well as chocolate, Thai food and hanging out with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I have the most incredible recipe for Thai cauliflower. The chef at the restaurant in Boston where I just returned from sent it and a few others that we asked for to our homes. I'm happy to share it with you if you're interested :)
      Oh, and sleeping...you have no idea. This girl can nap with the best of them...and sleeping in...ecstasy! ;)

      Delete
  5. Ahahaha! I love that Sweet Brown made the list!!! Along with edamame. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy the small microwave/steam packs of edamame and sea salt...heat it for 3 minutes, and then you have an incredible snack! My 8 year old even loves it!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss Broadway so badly. When we lived in NJ I would go up 4 - 6 times a year. Now my only musical is when my does go into heat and my buck wants to visit. Oh, and the damn roosters crowing. Can't forget them - they never stop.

    *sigh*

    Farm life. Nature's musical. The dancing sucks but the chorus sings on.

    ReplyDelete