Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Reagan!!

My baby is 9 today.
9
What???


She refused (screamed, cried, and reached for me) to have an official portrait done until she was 1.  She still wasn't sure as you can see in the photo above, but thanks to her Aunt Kim's professional parenting during a photo session, we were able to get some memorable photos for Easter that year...only a couple...but, hey, that was progress :) 
She's always had a mind of her own...not sure why I was surprised ;)



Ed and I were a little surprised to learn we were expecting another baby...yes, we both passed Bio 1 :/
We probably really didn't let it sink in until the day she actually arrived.  
Ed was an old hat at the C-section procedures by then and didn't even get lightheaded when they lifted her from my body...they still made him sit down though :)



Since I was sure I had leukemia...until I took a pregnancy test...I was glad to see this little one...and immediately ready to leave the hospital.  
I had things to do.
Somebody had to be somewhere sometime and we had to get moving.
Quite a difference from the first two.



Her first Easter with her two big sisters.
I had to snap this pic pretty quickly as you can probably tell by the look on her face...she didn't completely trust these other girls yet...
Still doesn't actually :)




And, here we are today.  
I love my little family.
They are everything to me.
And, even though I was dumbfounded to find out I was pregnant that third time, I honestly do not know what my life would be like without our Reagan.  

Mommy loves you Rea!!!! 
Happy Birthday!

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet post--I loved the mini photo journey you shared here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a wonderful journey so far and looking forward to many more years to come :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to Reagan. Our youngest was a BIG surprise too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nise' :) It's funny how so many couples' have that last surprise child :P

      Delete
  3. Awww, what a cutie and what a beautiful family.
    Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. Happy Bday, Reagan! My daughter is very close to yours in age. She will be 10 in October but wow...what a drama queen she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mine is as well! And, she learned from the masters, two older sisters ;)

      Delete