Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day 2013!


I searched for a picture today that would match my emotions, my state of mind, my need for something totally different.  
The beginning of summer provides a much needed respite for me after another hectic school year.  


I can tell you that it's no mistake that all the art I was drawn to today has a Kate Chopin feel to it.
Not that I'm going to walk off into the water any time soon...I'm not in that kind of frame of mind :/
But, there's a peacefulness to the water...the sounds, the waves, the wind, the roar...whether you like it or not, a lot of chaos is drowned out.
Pun intended, people :p
(I don't guess I have to tell you that I don't read The Awakening like most people do)


The art I'm drawn to today also celebrates mothers and daughters. 
Really now, how transparent can I be? 
I am not a mother who wishes for earlier days...nor do I wish for more babies, nor do I wish for my daughters to be babies again.  
I actually enjoy watching them become the people they are becoming.  
I see me in them, I see their father, and I see each other.  
How cool is that?



At the end of the day (and the school year) it's these people, these special people who mean more to me than anything else in the world.  

Happy Mother's Day to all my blogger moms out there! 

5 comments:

  1. These prints are so pretty Patti. Happy Mom's Day and have a great week as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! So far it's been really nice! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the prints that you shared with us. They have such a light, breezy feel. I like to think of Summer as breezy but it's typically busier than the school year! At least for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's busy for us too, Ti...but it's just a different kind of busy. For me, the break from grading papers is well worth the switch up of busyness :)

      Delete
  3. I hope your Mother's Day was as lovely as this post!

    ReplyDelete