Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Girls and a Family Run!

  
Yesterday my girls and I ran a community 5K to raise money for missions.


To say that I was elated to be running with all 3 of  my girls would be an understatement of immense proportions.  


My oldest (#89) is an athlete and always has been...so she smoked the rest of us :/





This was my third 5k, and my goal for the day was to run the entire time and hopefully carve a little off my time.


I think this picture was taken right about the time I saw the sign that said, "You are half-way!"
I was thinking, "You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!"
I did run the entire way (insert sassy dance here), but our official times haven't been posted yet, so I have to wait on that :p


The little one ran her 2nd Fun Run yesterday but also ran/walked the 5k with a buddy of hers.


To say that I was proud of her is also putting it mildly.


Of all the love and pride and experienced yesterday, however, I think I was most proud of my middle daughter.  She ran/walked her first 5k, but she was the least happy about being there.
I didn't make her go, but she's been a little down on herself lately because of those freshman pounds all girls put on their first semester or two away from home.  I could care less about the pounds; I want her to be healthy.
We're doing a lot of cooking/grilling at home this summer while she's here and a whole lot of clean eating.  I want her to see that eating healthy food can be  delicious.  I also am worried more about the amounts of preservatives and "poisons" in the convenient foods we eat all the time.
 She was a little camera shy yesterday.


Her goal for the day was to finish the race.  And, she did!!

Yes, I was bursting with happiness yesterday.
And, yes, we have already registered for our next family race day on June 29!!!


10 comments:

  1. Yay for all of you! The most important thing is that you each set your own goals and achieved them. Hey my 15 year old totally can kick my butt in a run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very proud of myself, Sandy...back in January when I could only run a minute or two or five at the most, if you had told me then that I would run 3 miles without stopping, I would have spewed my coffee laughing at you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! We really had a great time :):)

      Delete
  3. Congrats to all!!! It is so much more fun when everyone in the family participates in these. Now you need to do a color run (look up Color me RAD) and then a mud run. So much fun and exercise too. I am the slowest of my group but I finish and it keeps all of mine on their toes as well. I have the same goal to eat clean this summer and keep it up when the craziness of fall starts too. Hope I can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest and I tried to register for a Color Run in Nashville this past April but it sold out in the first few days! There's another one coming up this fall that we may try to do :)

      Delete
  4. So great that you hit one of your goals! Very special that you got to run it with your girls too. Good luck with the results. I bet you beat your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little worried bc we still don't have times yet as of this morning. At some point during the race, the clock re-set itself :/ So, they started keeping times by hand. My oldest said when she crossed the finish line, they yelled hers to her. I was trying my best not to pass out when I crossed the finish line, so I have no idea whether or not they told me mine :p

      Delete
  5. All three of my girls have ridden the Seattle to Portland (STP) fundraiser bike ride with their father. 204 miles in one day sometimes on their own bike and sometimes on the tandem. They all do the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning too. It is so wonderful to see them all giving their best and having these traditions to connect with.
    I do the driving these days and bring the healthy chow...Beautiful, beautiful girls...
    Thank you for your comment on my recent book review.

    ReplyDelete

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...