Saturday, December 28, 2013

I never watch t.v...except when I do.

On a normal, everyday, Monday-Friday schedule, I'm lucky if I get to see the headlines of the day, much less television.
But, during the holidays or weekends, I catch up.
Here's what I'm addicted to right now: 



Scary stuff here...I have not seen the first two seasons, but Season 3 takes place in New Orleans and obviously is about witches.  Jessica Lange is incredible as the Supreme.  Pretty heavy at times and graphic. 





SPOILER ALERT: I'm still trying to deal with Brody's demise.  I kept thinking Superman was going to fly in and save him.  
But, he didn't.
I think this is HBO's way of reminding us that "Homeland" is about Carrie and the CIA, not a romance.






Ok, this is my guilty teenage drama pleasure...so sue me.  I'm losing interest in this one, especially after the two actors who play Elena and Damon broke up in real life...eh...I keep watching though. :/



My newest addiction.  I resisted this one for a while based on the time travel premise.  "Sleepy Hollow" reminds me of "American Horror Story" though on a disturbing basis...the devil is alive and well in Sleepy Hollow.
The music alone will make you jump in your chair!




Another one I resisted for a while.  I didn't really want to get involved with a series about zombies...but The Walking Dead is about so much more.  It's more of an Apocolypse storyline with the human spirit and survival at the forefront. 
SPOILER ALERT
I don't know what we're going to do without Herschel :( 




Dracula: all time favorite gothic novel.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers: all time favorite Henry VIII in Showtime's 'The Tudors." 
There's almost a Steampunk feel to this series, and it's just the right mix.

I'm caught up on everything except "Sleepy Hollow"...and can't wait till January when they all start up again!


8 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of them. I'm really bad about these new shows. I watch NCIS and a lot of cooking shows. A LOT of cooking shows. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter watches NCIS and loves it. I actually prefer watching a show season by season instead of having to wait a week for the next installment. Unfortunately, some addictions are too strong to pass up. The Walking Dead is the one that drives me crazy if I miss more than 1-2 episodes on a weekend catch up :p

      Delete
  2. I won't even tell you how obsessed I am with The Walking Dead. OBSESSED. Hershel's death was so agonizing. Who will be their moral center now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, Brooke...no idea. And, what a death scene! :(

      Delete
  3. Wow! You sure go for the edgy stuff! I usually sit and watch the Westerns Channel with the hubs... edgy not! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I looked over my list, I thought the same thing, Nancy...not sure what that says about me :p I don't go to horror movies though. Edgy, I can handle...even witches and vampires (the old gothic stuff). Psycho killers, no thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. I thought when I finally got cable (@a young 71 years of age) that I'd be watching "something" all the time! Nope, I very seldom watch anything except for my one soap. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. I'm an easy target for a series though, and once I get hooked, I'm hooked :p

      Delete

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...