Monday, December 30, 2013

SlugDom


The above photo shows the contents of my stocking I received at my mom's tonight.
Yes, we're still having Christmas.
No, we're still not done...we're having Christmas dinner at my husband's family home tomorrow night and then in a couple of weeks, still another smaller Christmas lunch with my dad...in January. 
Christmas in January.
Who knew?

For the last several weeks, I've been a slug.  
I've eaten white sugar, flour, cookies, chocolate, cake, and even a McDonalds french fry or two.  
And, maybe, possibly a little alcohol :p
Ahem. 

What I have not done is run...or walk for that matter. 
Yes, you remember correctly that I'm signed up to run the Rock and Roll Half Marathon.
Yes, you also remembered correctly that I'm supposed to be in training.
Yeah.

2 days ago I almost cancelled my registration.
But, then I decided I wouldn't give myself an easy out.  
I will run/walk the 1/2 marathon if it kills me...and I will finish. 

Tomorrow is my last hoorah...and Wednesday begins the detox and getting back on track.  
The real problem of the moment, however, is how to get all my stocking candy eaten before detox beings.
Just kidding...well, maybe.



6 comments:

  1. I mistakenly discovered that chocolate covered candied ginger is heaven on earth so what did my husband put in my stocking? 2lbs of it.
    There is still some left but only because he put gummy worms in there too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to remind Mom that none of us (for various reasons) needs all that sugar :p I need to throw at least my portion away...maybe I'll do that...in a minute :)

      Delete
  2. What fun is Christmas without a little indulgence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have to give ourselves a little break every now and then :)

      Delete
  3. Yep, Wednesday is D-Day for me. It has gotten out of control. I HAVE been very active, I'm just eating everything in sight. So my major change will be logging what I eat. Ugh. I'm not sure when your half is, but many of the training programs are short enough that you can get there. The most important thing is that you don't let the adrenaline get you in the beginning and you take it slow. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feb. 2 :/ I'm going to join back up with my running group on Tuesday nights so I can really push myself then...but I'll just have to do the best I can. I may crawl across that finish line, but I will finish :) Thanks, Sandy!

      Delete

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...