Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Twas the night before Christmas...

After Christmas Eve service, we ate our traditional Chinese buffet supper, and gathered at home for home movies, candlelight, and last minute wrapping.  

I was looking through some of our previous Christmas pictures and stumbled across this one: 


Awwww, they're hugging each other...complete with big smiles and a Barbie SUV, circa 1997.

I teared up a little.

And then my oldest daughter (on the left) reminded me that seconds after this photo was taken, the middle daughter (on the right) smacked her in the head with the fabulous Barbie SUV.
Oy.
:p 

Precious memories, y'all...every one of them!

Merry Christmas :) 

8 comments:

  1. The joys. Have a wonderful holiday. I listened to that Hallelujah yesterday. That music...aaaaah.
    The comment stream on that link - priceless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even look at the comments, Patty...will definitely have to do that! The music is just so peaceful :) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! Love those old memories. We shared stories this morning of funny memories. Thanks for sharing the beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely? :) We watched more home movies today and laughed through a lot of them :):)
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Happy Christmas Patti! I hope it was a really great day full of love.

    Precious photo! We celebrated with our 4 year old niece and between her and Elle there were many hugs and tears (and some screaming). lol! Tis the season. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love was all around for sure today...I am happiest when all my little birdies are in the nest together, relaxed, and well. That is exactly what we had today.
      Merry Christmas, Trish!

      Delete
  4. I DO Christmas for the memories. My kids are now 15 and a half and 10 and they was not a toy to be had this year. Definitely different. They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely different. Without the joint effort (including the older girls) of Santa, putting out cookies and reindeer food, playing with toys, etc. our day would have been much different.

      Delete

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...