Friday, January 3, 2014

Beginning Again...


My husband gave me a Garmin for Christmas.
The very one I wanted. 

Layla and I took the month of December off because I was whining about how cold it was outside.  
Enough of that nonsense.  

My husband gave me this Garmin because he loves me, and he knows I love to run. 
He could honestly care less whether or not I run, but he knows it makes me happy. 
Smart guy, right?

I signed back up for the 5K program that I didn't finish this fall.
I hurt my neck and got so behind that I just dropped out.  
My chiropracter is ready, and so is Layla.
First training run is Tuesday night!! 

Let's get it.

14 comments:

  1. I dropped out of the blogosphere for about the last quarter of 2013, so I'm sorry to just now be reading that you hurt your neck. Ugh! Good luck getting back in condition, which won't take long thanks to Layla and your fancy new gdget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Age related cricks...one of the worst ever though. I was a hardhead and let it go on for a couple of weeks before I ever went to the dr. Layla keeps me on track; the gadget is the icing on the cake :) Glad you're back!

      Delete
  2. My daughter has that same exact Garmin only in green! Good luck with the training, and don't let the cold weather get you down. There is some great cold weather running gear out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been experimenting with gear. Lole so far is my favorite stuff...lightweight but warm, warm, warm. I have not figured out yet how to dress for warmth but not so warm that I start sweating halfway :p

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I need to sign up for something similar over here. I could do with a lot more running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found a beginning yoga series I want to sign up for as well. We'll see how this first week goes before I sign up for anything else :)

      Delete
  4. I plan to start walking again. I used the weather as an excuse too. Thirty degrees is a little too cold for this California girl. The time change messed me up too. Honestly though, I am 5 lbs heavier when I walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muscle is heavier. I don't own a scale for that very reason...I just go by the way my clothes fit and periodic visits to the dr. I would freak myself out otherwise, weighing a billion times a day :P

      Delete
  5. woohoo! nice hubby you have there! good luck! with Layla by your side, you will rock it! :)

    ReplyDelete