Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Gettin' my smooth on!


My middle daughter and I are taking the 30 day Smoothie Challenge!



She needs the vitamins...she's a kid who's been eating too much junk.
I need the vitamins...I'm a 45 year old woman who's falling apart :p
(And still fighting with my gynecologist...really soon I'm going to tell this story...really really soon.)

What's really cool about this challenge is that it's free.
Yep, FREE.
I promise this is not an April Fool's joke.

The challenge started today, but I signed up last night, so in true Peppermint fashion, I'm a day behind :)

The ladies at Simple Green Smoothies even send a grocery list to go along with the smoothie recipes for each day and teach you the very simple formula for creating your own recipes.  

 I think it will be fun, and the very best part about the challenge is that my daughter and I are doing it together.  
That adds the accountability that we both need.
And, the togetherness time as well.

Check it out at simplegreensmoothies.com





9 comments:

  1. I need food. Like chewable food.
    I went into menopause in my late thirties and was done by the time I was 44

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like food too, Patty :) I'm rushing like a maniac most week mornings and if I don't get something in my stomach, I'm liable to eat my arm by mid-morning. :p So far, sipping (gulping) this smoothie on the way to work keeps me satisfied enough that I don't find myself downstairs in the coffee shop buying muffins! :)

      Delete
  2. I like green smoothies a lot but I don't care for the super fruity ones at all. My fave is kale, raw almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds, greek yogurt and a mandarin orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 30-day challenge has a new recipe everyday so we're enjoying the variety. I have some frozen fruit in my freezer that I bought for some fundraiser a while back, so I'm trying to get through that first.

      Delete
  3. What a great thing for you and your daughter to do together. I trust that you're doing a smoothie for one meal each day and regular food for the rest?

    I look forward to hearing more about your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, breakfast is the time for the Smoothie. It keeps both of us from starvingly eating a bunch of stuff we shouldn't by midmorning. :) So far so good!! My middle daughter hates veggies and it's a miracle to even get her to eat a salad so I love that the green smoothie challenge assures that she'll get 2 cups of spinach each day :)

      Delete
  4. Patti, my daughter and I love smoothies. She always adds spinach to hers. Sometimes, I make mine with frozen berries, pomegranate juice, and some soymilk--delicious nutrition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you luck! I'd like to do this as well, but my digestive track really complains when I get too much of the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smoothies! Especially the ones with kale in them. Yum! I will have to check this challenge out - I could use some variety in my smoothies.

    ReplyDelete