Monday, June 2, 2014

A New Day


My last post was April 1.  
Wow.  
Today is June 2.  
I think that's the longest "break" I've ever taken from blogging.  
The break was accidental.
I'm not ready to tell the story, and I'm not sure I'm ever going to be ready. 
For now, all I know is change is a must.  
And, it starts today.




My kid and I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge today. 
I'm not an Advocare Distributor nor do I aspire to be.  
I just aspire to be healthy...and to rid my body of all the crap I've been eating and drinking...all the toxins that I've willingly let into my life.  
Yes, that's dramatic.
Get over it.

I knew the first ten days would be the toughest.
A year or so ago when I switched to clean eating, I experienced the "withdrawal" that comes from no sugar, carbs, and dairy.  I'm looking forward to getting past that stage and not even wanting that stuff anymore.  I'm going to do better this time at keeping myself in the wagon.
One step at a time.

My kid is doing this with me for the same reasons above as well as some other reasons which are not my story to tell so I won't tell them here.  Leave it to say that discussing, researching, planning, and finally getting started on this challenge together has been incredibly special so far.

Here's what we've done today:

6:15 a.m. - Mango-Strawberry Spark (instead of coffee) - Holy Smokes...I. love. coffee.
3 Catalyst tabs
Water
6:45 a.m. - Fiber Drink 
Water
7:00 Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake
Water
7:30 Pick up friend kid for Kids College
7:45-12:30 Kids College (I teach PE every year :)
10:00 a.m. Banana (I forgot I could have two fruits...Oh, I won't be forgetting tomorrow!) 
Water
12:30 p.m. tuna (with no mayo :0( , cherry tomatoes, carrots, 1 slice toast (We were starving)
Water
3 Catalyst tabs
3:00 p.m. - Mango-Strawberry Spark and rice cake (Who likes rice cakes...really??)
Water
5:30-6:30 Yoga 
Water
7:00 Turkey Spaghetti with whole grain noodles
3 Catalyst tabs
Water
8:15 - BC powder bc my head hurt like a Mutha (no coffee, alcohol, sugar or carbs)
Water
8:45 Advobar
Water
10:00 3 Herbal Cleanse Tabs
Water!

I have never in my life consumed so much water...to say that I went to the potty a lot today would be an understatement.
Supposedly I'm cleaning out my liver and kidneys...and bladder :p 

All was well until Yoga...it was time for a meal and I was hungry...the class was a little more challenging than the first, and my headache was setting in.  
I began to panic.  
It probably didn't help that I forgot to get my anxiety meds refilled before we went on vacation last week.  
One of my goals is to eventually be able to taper off some of my meds, but obviously one should not taper quit meds cold turkey while also quitting everything else.

**Smacking head**



Here's hoping tomorrow will be better :)

8 comments:

  1. I hope whatever terrible thing happened, that it is behind you now. Sending warm thoughts your way.

    I need to get started on some kind of a healthy eating regimen. I'm not in diets either - I just want to stop eating sugar and too much of carbs. I keep going back and fro on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I transitioned to clean eating a year or so ago, I was amazed at how my body reacted. And then I got mad. I couldn't believe that some of the crap we put in our bodies could actually put us through withdrawal type symptoms once we didn't eat it anymore. We don't need that stuff anyway!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see you around again. I was wondering if all was okay. I hope it is. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around what you are eating but as a gluten free gal who is now allergic to soy as well, I can relate to clean eating and the need to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are ok with gluten...but staying away from carbs and white flour naturally keeps us away from gluten too. When we thought my youngest daughter was allergic to gluten, I started googling and was amazed at what she wouldn't be able to eat. I was thrilled when the panel came back negative. I hate that you have that challenge to deal with :(:(

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Trish :) We're getting better every day :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry for whatever stirred up your life. Goat hugs.
    I do like rice cakes. Plain. Does that make me weird? Oh, I AM weird.
    I hope this works for you - you are a far stronger woman than I would ever be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goat hugs are the best, Patty :) Thanks! Rice cakes with peanut butter are da bomb!!! :)

      Delete