Sunday, September 14, 2014

Murray

This is my new friend Murray.  




Murray and two of his siblings were left at our shelter this past week.  
All 3 pups are scared to death, shaking like a leaf.

Murray even bites.
Grown men have resorted to using welding gloves to handle Murray.
Really Murray?

I talked to Murray today and told him I needed him to stop biting.  
I told him that he really needed to be a nice fella and take his wormer, Bordatella, and vaccines so he could stay.  

Murray was pretty nervous before, during, and after our chat.  
But, he didn't try to bite me. 

Guess who got designated to give Murray his meds?
Oh yeah. 
Guess who's never given anybody or anything a shot before anytime, anyplace?
Mmm Hmm.
Guess who let me give him a shot??
You got it.
Guess who let me hold his snoot and shoot the Bordatella right in his precious nostrils?
Spot on.
And, finally, guess who let me open his snappy little mouth and squeeze in the de-wormer?
My friend Murray.

I gave Murray his meds.
And now I feel like Wonder Woman.


It's really just the little things, y'all.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Murray is so darling. It sounds like he is fast learner. Best of luck with your new pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murray isn't mine, Suko :) He is one of the residents at our local animal shelter. I just help.

      Delete
  2. Awwww, Murray. Well done, YOU, for taking on this pup and helping to give him a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many times these little guys give back much more than we could ever give them. To see Murray, her brother Martin, and other brother Boudreaux perk up, become more comfortable, and begin acting like normal puppies makes my heart sing. :)

      Delete
  3. Aw,,poor guy. He just needs to see a smiling face. I am so glad you got him to take his vaccs. Giving shots are easy! I had to do it with my cat when he would foam at the mouth every time we took him to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are such drama kings and queens, aren't they?? ;)

      Delete