Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1, 2015 - New Beginnings

On January 2, 2010, I posted my first blog posting.
I had no idea in what direction I would go, nor whether or not I would sustain the practice.  
After 5 years, I can say that there have been times when I posted religiously and other times when things were spotty at best.  
I can look back at my postings and see when grading times were heavy, when life was weighing me down, when I was on a reading roll, and when life changed me.  

I don't really look at statistics much; this blog was and is for me. Period.
I have enjoyed and truly call some of my blogging buddies (who I've never met face to face) friends, but the blog itself is me.
And will forever remain that way.
I have plans for 2015, and blogging is a part of them.  
I miss this space, and I miss writing.  

I'm not going to make a list of things to task myself with in 2015 on the blog or otherwise.  The one thing that I would like to do this year is post every day.  
Every. Day.
Some days will definitely be shorter than others, and I'm going to give myself the freedom to do just that.  
I know there will be books, photos, animals (lots of animals), kids, husband, food, maybe some academics...maybe...but mostly memories.  Lots of them. 

Other than that, we'll see what happens. 

Welcome 2015!!




6 comments:

  1. Cheers to 2015! I can't wait to see more of you posting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that goal. I've had trouble posting in the last couple of months and plan to do better in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell into a reading slump like nobody's business! That hurt my feelings, so I just kindof stayed away :( Then, I remembered there's more to who I am than just what books I read :) Even if I can just post a picture, I'm going to strive for everyday :)
      Happy New Year!!

      Delete