Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 8, 2015 - It's cold!!

Whine alert!!


This was the fountain on our campus today.
Some people say, "OOOOOhhh Ahhhhh," "That's really pretty!"
But, I say, "Dangit! It's cold!!!"

For the record, I didn't take this picture.
Our tennis coach Mark Easley did.  

I wasn't on campus today.
Even if I had been on campus, I would not have been out by the fountain.
In fact, I wouldn't have been out anywhere.

I live in the South.
South Mississippi for Heaven's sake. 

We can deal with suffocating heat because we live with it for at least 6 months of the year. 
But this stuff.
Uh-uh.
You can have it.

I do have to go to campus tomorrow.  It's our first day back for registration. 
Can you tell I'm a little grumpy?



4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you! I remember Mississippi winter, while being relatively mild, actually felt murderously cold because of the humidity. So while it was rare for the temperatures to drop into the 20s, say, it was commensurately colder than the same temps that I routinely experience now in Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wet and cold...like slushy ice. That's terrible to walk around in. It drives me crazy.

      Delete
  2. That is too cold for (Southern) comfort! (But the photo is wonderful.)

    ReplyDelete