Monday, June 15, 2015

Keepin' it Real

We've made it through the first Consolidation treatment without too much trouble. 
Mom did develop an infection when her counts bottomed out and had to spend 5 extra days in the hospital.  I was at home with a stomach virus so that was extra exciting.
But, we just keep on truckin'.

Mom and I were talking today about how our attention spans seem to be short.  Books and magazines can't hold my attention right now.  Hers either. 
I am reading The Emperor of All Maladies in spurts.  I remember when the book first came out that I wondered why the heck anyone would write a "biography" of cancer...and even more, who might want to read it.  Whelp, that's me.
Goody.

Season 1 of Breaking Bad held my attention last week and so did Episode 1 of Orange is the New Black last night...thank goodness for Netflix!

Mom likes Blue Bloods too and has gotten me hooked on it now as well. 

I just saw a commercial for James Patterson's Zoo...I got aggravated with Patterson at some point in the Women's Murder Club mysteries and haven't read much of his stuff since.  Zoo seems like one of those stories that will do nothing to improve the general attitude towards animals these days.  That's all the people in South MS need is more encouragement to think of animals as...well animals.  Potentially dangerous creatures who want to eat them.
Another goody.

Have you met my little friend Pearl?





my beautiful girl Lalana?



or my new friend Luca?



These gorgeous souls keep it real for me. 

When I'm home, besides being with my family, I spend time with them. They are the good.
They save me. 
And I try to save them.

6 comments:

  1. I am sending you all the love and hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this update. Sending good wishes to your family and sweet dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your mom had to deal with an infection on top of everything else. I hope she feels better.

    Breaking Bad was one of the best shows I've ever seen. I watched the entire series in a very short time and people weren't joking when they said it was great. Enjoy it. It WILL hold your attention. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      She does feel better now...we're starting the next round of chemo tonight.
      I'm on Season 2...LOVE Aaron Paul and cannot believe I didn't know he existed before now!!

      Delete

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...