Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday is here again: Good news and Bad news

Good news: I've made some serious progress with my reading slump.
Serious.

I have reviews started for:


The Dead Will Tell by Linda (Library)



Top Secret Twenty-One (Library)



Walking in Circles before Lying Down (Audiobook from the library)



Let's Pretend this Never Happened (Ebook)



One Good Dog (Audiobook from the library)



I told you it was serious.

Here's what I'm currently reading:


Wild by Cheryl Strayed (Audiobook) - I've actually started this one several times.  I'm not sure how I feel about it so far...



In the Woods by Tanya French (Library) - I've been wanting to start this series for a while.  Now's just as good of a time as any.



A Year of Biblical Womanhood (ebook) by



My only explanation is this:



Bad News: Mom's back in the hospital again.  
She and I both are climbing the walls at this point. We've been here 4 nights already and may be here several more.  
Just same ole same ole when chemo kills everything in your body and leaves you open to any and all problems for a while during the cycle.  Once her counts recover, we should be able to go home and rest more comfortably.  We're both ready.

The first two nights back I couldn't sleep.  I don't know why.  I sat up all night long watching Breaking Bad.

Speaking of Breaking Bad:

How did I miss this show??  How did I miss Aaron Paul?
Just how??

"The Fly" episode was priceless!

"He's got skills, yo!"

"Look who got got, yo!"





...which is exactly how I felt yesterday after running for the first time in a while.  Spin classes have been few and far between lately with the holidays so I've missed them.  I only have a small window each day to leave Mom.



Even at 4:00 p.m. under overcast skies, the heat was crazy.  



But, the difference in the way I felt after and the difference in the way my brain feels today is worth a little heat.

I may be able to make it to the 5:30 Spin class today...we'll see.



4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you guys are back at the hospital but whatever it takes to make her comfortable, right?

    Breaking Bad is such an awesome show. I binged watched it all right around the holidays and I could not believe I never watched it when it was on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The premise of Breaking Bad never really interested me. One night I just said What the heck...and watched the Pilot. I was hooked! Skylar is my least favorite character! I cannot get enough of Jesse!!

      Delete
  2. Hoping you and your mom get a reprieve and can go home pronto - my mom broke her arm last week and surgery is tomorrow. THANKFULLY we've been able to manage most of this at home.

    I'm looking for a good new book to read, just finished All the Light We Cannot See and am reading Where'd you go, Bernadette?... will try one of these next I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Hope your mom is better soon as well, Karen! Isn't it weird when the mother/daughter roles are reversed? I'm still analyzing that.
      I haven't read either of the books that you mentioned but have seen both of them out and about. Which do you think is the lightest, fastest read?

      Delete

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...