Thursday, August 6, 2015

Chemo Recovery Funnies

Good News!

Mom's numbers have finally started recovering this month!

Wahoo!!!

2 nights ago she dealt with excruciating pain in her hips, which we hoped meant her body was making cells...turns out, in fact, that her numbers took a huge leap! 

Mom's first 6 days of treatment are in hospital. Most of the time she feels ok during the treatment.
Usually around Day 10, she starts pretty steadily going downhill with Days 12-14 consistently being her worst.
Day 14 this month, Mom's numbers were 0.

Nothing.

Nada.

Nothing means no energy, no blood clotting ability, and no bacteria or viral fighting ability.

Nothing days are scary.

Since she spent more days in the hospital last month than out, we decided to try and take charge this month. 
Days 10-14, we kind of just hunkered down and watched tv.

It was a little boring...




But there are a few shows that get us through the boredom of isolation:

Two and A Half Men - I never watched this show during its regular run...and still have never seen any of the Ashton Kutcher season, nor do I care about the Charlie Sheen controversy.

BUT

This show is funny y'all!

Charlie Sheen makes this show...his sarcasm, meanness, and drunken behavior makes me fall off the couch.

Hot in Cleveland is good too!


Betty White is so hysterical that I can ignore these misplaced gif apostrophes!
The other ladies are funny too, but Betty White makes this show.
Her character Elka is so unlike Rose Nieland...and that mouth!


Big Bang Theory

My older daughters love this show and have seen every single episode.
I, however, had never seen any of the episodes until Mom's hibernation.


Sheldon makes me snort!!!!!
Yes, I'm fully aware I'm late to this party!


And last but not least...The King of Queens



Not sure who is funnier, Kevin James or Jerry Stiller.
Leah Remini is a hoot as well, and as a trio, they knock our socks off.


Any other recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...