Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Focus on the living - Jan. 18, 2016


I stayed in bed today until about 11 a.m.  
My face was puffy from the crying the night before, and I was exhausted.
It felt good to be at home with my people...and my own personal fur-babies.



I wasn't asleep till 11...just in bed.
I woke up around 6 am. as usual...but there was no one at the shelter who needed fluids and meds first thing.
I'm thankful for that.
I caught up on Facebook...private messaged another rescuer friend of mine about the Parvo outbreak and the drama I've missed.
I spent the next few easy hours with my family before my middle daughter headed back to college.

I went by the shelter on purpose just an hour before closing. 
I sat with Josie and we talked through things.  We have no doubt that we did everything we could and that Harmony knew she was loved.  

In the middle of this conversation, my cell phone binged, and my boss asked me if we had room at the shelter.  This question is, of course, a joke right now...even if we did, no animals are coming in until we have a chance to clean, clean, clean in a couple of weeks.

My boss Cheryl lives out in the country.  People around here dump animals down her road all the time.  She has taken in 4 of them but vets and finds homes for the rest.  The temp. tonight was expected to be 25 degrees, and these pups had already been outside alone one night.  

Focus on the living.

I told her if she or her sister could somehow keep the pups for 2 weeks, I could vaccinate them and get them out on transport.  
We met 30 min. later in the Kroger parking lot to do just that.




No comments:

Post a Comment