Monday, August 8, 2016

Dark Thirty

I'm up at dark thirty trying to figure out what our morning routine will be this fall.

I'm still in my pjs and robe if that gives you any indication of how this contemplation is going so far.  

Oy.

I do this every August by the way...and January...but mostly in August. 

I'm missing a lot of time in my day though...and that loss has been nudging me.  

I'm better in the mornings anyway.

After work and especially evenings, I'm exhausted and can't wait to get into bed.

We've gotten way off routine during the summer as do most folks, but the staying up late, on phones till all hours, and then sleeping in ends today.  

I always get a week or 2 to just be Mom before my fall begins, so here I am again, contemplating how to make this machine of our lives run a little smoother.

I am not a morning person by nature, but I experimented with mornings for a while last year to attend a 5:15 a.m. Spin class. 

Loved it.

Then the place closed.

Yep.  

So, I went back to sleeping as long as possible in the am and jumping out of bed at the last minute, rushing around, throwing things in bags, wet hair or pulled back into a ponytail most of the time.  

There's got to be a better way.

Therefore.....that's where dark thirty comes in.  

My middle daughter and I were planning to run, yet even at an hour past dark thirty, it is still dark outside...and that's only going to get worse.

We're on Plan B already.  Day 1.

My life.

Dark thirty may be a good time to write. 

Could be.

I can sit in my darkened bedroom and type on my laptop and not bother or be bothered by anyone or anything else.

I'm learning this as I type.  

Isn't that cool??  





No comments:

Post a Comment