Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Managing

God and I are managing this monster pretty well together so far. 
Actually He's managing; I'm just hanging on for the journey. 
And I mean that in the most positive way. 
Why is it so hard for us to just let go?

He's the King of the World, for goodness sake.


I love this song...love it. 
It helps me renew each day why I follow Jesus. 
I've tried it on my own. 
It doesn't work. 
I can't be good enough.
I can't follow the rules enough.
I can't earn Grace.
It doesn't work that way. 
Grace.
Not earned.
Given.
Freely.

We are called to return that Grace.
We are to love as we have been loved and to extend Grace even to those who do not deserve it. 
To the most aggravating, spiteful, mean spirited, folks in the world...you know, the ones who just plain get on our nerves just by their existence. 

We don't have to be best friends with them.
But, we have been instructed to love them. 
Just as we have been loved. 

It's not our way.  It's His.

I'm not afraid. 
I'm grateful.
My life is saved.
Jesus never gives up on us. 
And we are to extend that same Grace in return. 

I like to use a capital G for Grace.  
Because it's a capital kind of word.

Lord knows I've needed it time and time again.
And will still need it. 
But God and me...
We got this.

With Him in the lead.




No comments:

Post a Comment