Thursday, October 6, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me...Selfie Style


I posted this selfie on Instagram last night as a part of an online wellness accountability group I'm loving!

Before I posted, y'all don't know how I anguished over this photo...which photo to use...from the video I shot during the last 5 minutes of my yoga session.
Do I look fat?
Do I look old?
Will I embarrass my daughters?
What will people think?
Will people think I've gone kooky?
Will people try to figure out what's wrong with me all of a sudden?

Seriously.
I spent more time contemplating this one post than I did with the actual post. 

After I posted, guess what I did. 
I came back several times to see who liked it.
"Several times" is an understatement. 

In this Truth Telling and Posting season I'm in, I'm not supposed to care about who "likes" my posts.

Why is it easier to write anonymously than for all the world to see...
well, not all the world...but you know...

I couldn't share this post on FB.  I just couldn't.  
Instagram is public...but not as public as FB...yikes.

I contemplated sharing it on FB this morning...but I couldn't.  
I'm going to think about this all day.  
Analyzing the analysis of the analysis...that's me.
While it is what it is and I surely need some work...the constant analysis is a part of me.
Who I am.
I'm not going to apologize for it anymore.

Happy 48th Birthday to me!

2 comments:

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...