Monday, November 21, 2016

I launched y'all!!

I did it. 
I launched!!
I've decided that I am going to follow where I feel the Lord is leading me in this season of my life. 

Wide Awake Wellness is my new ministry.  
Instagram is my main launching point right now, and if you want to find me there, I'm at @wideawakewellness

My blog isn't going to change...it's still going to be the deeper parts of me.  
I feel safer here than anywhere probably.  
Right now the only people who are here are strangers pretty much.  I'm not quite ready to go blaring my soul everywhere all the time...yet.  

My life changed in May this year.
6 months ago, I stopped drinking and recommitted my life to Christ.  I didn't make any big announcements because that's just not me.  I do have a co-worker who is a recovering alcoholic who has been pivotal in my decision to stop drinking and to deal with my anxiety and depression wide awake...hence the name of my ministry. 

I was so afraid for so long to talk about it...I think over the last 5 years of this blog I have very definitely alluded to the problems. 
I was so scared to just say it.  
When I launched this weekend, I can't tell you how freeing it was.
To just say I'm a recovering alcoholic.

That's the scariest sentence I've every typed, y'all.
But, I typed it.

Sure did.
Now that all my secrets are the light, I'll be here more often.  
No promises about how often, type of content, organization, etc...it's taken me 6 months to get to here...to actually call It what It is.
The stopping drinking, however, was the easy part (in comparison).

Dealing with the causes of my drinking...anxiety and depression...are not easy at all...please notice I used a present tense verb there.
Drinking was simply a way to push back the real issues...to numb them...to put them off...to NOT deal with them.

But, I am dealing now.
Everyday.

I don't always do it well...
But, I am dealing.

Thank you, Lord for you unending, unconditional mercy and grace.
Not sure where I would be without it.

I'm ok.
I really am.

So very much to be thankful for this holiday season!!



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new commitment to YOU and your well being. It's not easy feat, but you are so worth the effort. You go girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a Thanksgiving full of joy and peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suko...to you and yours as well :)

      Delete

30 Minutes and 13 Reasons Why

4:48 p.m. I read 13 Reasons Why ...and loved it. I've been a fan of YA Lit for a long while and even taught a class one summer, s...