Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Monday

Last week was my first week of Menu Monday, and I have to say it went really well. I had a plan for the week so I didn't feel like I was having to make boring decisions everyday...and that just plain made me feel better. I don't know why the task of coming up with dinner is so aggravating to me...but after 21 years of being "in charge" of the nightly menu, I get a little cranky and whiny about it.

I stuck to my menu last week except crock-pot lasagna and meatloaf muffins got moved around :) ...but that's ok...because 2010 is the year of forgiving myself for silly little things like swip-swapping the meatloaf and lasagna.

We have another Show Choir competition this weekend so this week's menu is another short one with only 3 nights of dinners at home. But, 3 is better than 0! I'm forgiven!

Monday - chicken and wild rice casserole, green salad

Tuesday - ham steaks w pineapple slices, baked beans, black-eyed peas and biscuits

Wednesday - Wednesday Night Supper at church

Thursday - barbeque chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, biscuits

Friday - off to Birmingham

Saturday - Show Choir competition

Sunday - "Souper" Bowl Sunday at church (will make hamburger vegetable stew and leave for Ed to take to church)

No comments:

Post a Comment