Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day is here...to be continued...

Tonight feels a little like Christmas Eve...we are going to bed wondering what kind of prize we'll see when we wake up in the morning. 

The latest forecast says we will get between 5-9 inches of snow...they might as well have told us we are having a blizzard!!  Schools have already been closed for tomorrow...both mine and the kids'...even if it doesn't snow, that means sleeping late (something I enjoy almost as much as a Shipley's donut). 

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this snow.  My bones are aching and I'm tired of the cold.  Our utility bills have been out the wazoo and that's never any fun.  Between our late start to the semester and mine and the youngest fighting the crud, I feel as if I'm just beginning to get my students back on track.  Now, we're going to miss class again. 

My children, of course, are beside themselves.  If it does really snow, as it did in January 2007, I do look forward to my girls running in and out of the house all day...my floors will be wet, and they will change their clothes 1,000 times.  I will probably have at least a couple of random young men in my house and a snowball fight or two will ensue.  Uh-Oh and Beneigt will be mortified...Beneigt will probably venture out some, but Uh-Oh will be insulted that this cold wet stuff is on the ground.  Uh-Oh will probably elect to sleep in the middle child's loft all day if it snows.  If it does snow, especially if it's 5-9 inches, I will take a bazillion pictures...that I'm sure of...

Actually sounds like a pretty good day after all :)


Here are a few more shots from our November snow...


Two 17 year olds and a 5 year old...notice how the 17 year olds are acting goofier than the 5 year old ;)  Snow in South Mississippi has been known to make even adults act goofy.




The tap shoes again...and the nightgown on my youngest...this picture makes me cold!
By the expressions on their faces, I believe they had lost all self control by the time I snapped this photo :)






Aren't you proud of me??  I did finally find my youngest some sensible shoes (albeit no socks), gloves and a hood for her sweet head...I probably should have added pants but there was no time....seriously, this snow melted almost as fast as it fell.  My youngest is on the back deck now...notice the wet gloppy snow...that's what South Mississippi snow usually looks like...maybe we'll get luckier this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment