Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day with the "Kids"




And, several more predictions of mine were proven correct ;)

My middle child put on every piece of clothing she owns to keep warm...kids in the South don't have parkas and such...

Except for kids who are hunters...they usually have a pretty decent stock of keep warm clothes...My middle child is not a hunter by any stretch of the imagination...








My youngest put on her warmest stuff as well...Gymboree jeans and boots (neither of which is waterproof by the way) and a sweatshirt that is by the looks of this photo ready for the Salvation Army basket. 

I believe my youngest is going to be my tallest child...I just can't keep up with clothes that fit her :(

Those are leaves in my pool...and you're not supposed to notice...I will get the leaves out as soon as I won't get frostbite from putting my hands in the skimmers.









My middle child and youngest child built a miniature snowman together...

My neighbors' septic system has been leaking into the ditch that runs under our driveway and you can't see it here, but if these two had made one small step forward, they would have been knee deep in...well, you can imagine.







My middle child posed for this photo...I don't usually like posed photos, but I think she was very proud of her winter outfit and wanted me to preserve the memory for posterity.  She's usually whining about me taking her picture so I took advantage of this rare opportunity.








Now, THAT's a snowball!!!!








Prediction #1 - 1 random young man arrives

Prediction #2 - notice that my youngest has on another pair of pants and boots (the boots in this picture are from Gymboree and are no more waterproof than the ones she had on earlier)








Prediction #2 again...a new change of clothes...same boots but different jeans and sweatshirt...

Have I mentioned that right now I have a washing machine that doesn't work??  9 days and counting...some strange part is being ordered...I finally gave in and went to the laundramat this past Thursday...spent $50 in quarters and 3 hours of my life washing 11 loads of clothes...but that's for another post...









The snowball fight got the attention of the Head of the Household who grew up in a house full of boys...just mention any kind of activity that entails throwing things at each other and he's game.









Lord, help me...
I promise these pictures were taken in order and on the same day...
This child changed clothes AGAIN!
The jeans and boots are new, but for some reason she went back to her original sweatshirt...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment