Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow?

Snow in South Mississippi is an event to behold.




Snow in South Mississippi makes teenagers become like little children.  Notice my youngest daughter's tap shoes and nightgown...they were the only shoes we could find at 10:30 p.m. on this night in November when it began snowing.  My firstborn even has on shorts.  That's because even though it was snowing, the temperature had not been cold enough long enough nor was expected to stay low enough for the snow to stick...we knew it would all be gone by morning...and it was. 

That's also why I actually woke my youngest up that night so she could see the snow...hence her being in her nightgown. 

A student asked me yesterday in class if our college would be open on Friday.  I had no idea we were expecting snow Thursday night.  But, we are.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment