Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Layla Grace

11/26/2007 - 3/9/2010

Little Layla Grace passed away this morning after suffering a painful and excruciating death from Neuroblastoma.

My heart aches for this family.

Why do children have cancer?
It's bad enough when anyone is diagnosed...but a child?
This baby?

My prayers tonight will be for Layla Grace's family.  Her mother, father, brother and sister and the countless others who will ache for a long time over the loss of this child.
Their faith and only that has sustained them throughout Layla's illness.  They believe that Layla's short little precious life had a purpose and they believe that God holds the reasons.

That belief won't stop the raw and searing pain that I know they are feeling today. 
They have lost a child.
How do you lose a child?
I don't know.
I don't want to know.


Children should not die of cancer.

In the coming weeks and months I hope that Layla's family will continue their plight to promote awareness of Neuroblastoma and other childhood cancers. 
I pledge to do whatever I can to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment